9 Kickstarters to Gift Your Valentine’s Day Crush
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we’re already thinking about the perfect gift to give our significant other. Instead of playing it safe with chocolatey goodies, we thought we would mix it up and get our special someone something a little more… innovative. That’s right — we’re hitting up Kickstarter and Indiegogo for the coolest crowdfunds to make our partners swoon.
1. JUISIR: If your main squeeze is one of the millions of people who made a New Year’s resolution to eat clean in 2017, this new juicer might be the lifeline you’re looking for. Using around eight tons of force, this powerful juicer’s main draw is that it doesn’t require ANY cleaning at all. Simply fill the bag with fruits and veg, press your juice and recycle the bag. Done and done.
2. Inirv React: Having a fire in your home is a parent’s worst nightmare. That’s why Inirv React is so revolutionary — it allows its users to control their stovetop right from their smartphone. Plus, its combination of sensors and electronics enable the device to detect high levels of smoke, natural gas and lack of motion and automatically react by turning off your stove.
3. TwoEyes: It’s no big secret that virtual reality is the next big techy trend, but shooting high quality VR videos is still quite difficult with today’s devices. Or at least it was… TwoEyes is the first binocular 360 degree VR 4K camera that mirrors human eyesight. Get ready to want to shoot *everything* in VR.
5. Serving Pride: While queer awareness is growing stronger all the time, it’s still rather difficult to find a definitive source for queer history. This queer history dinner party handbook aims to change this by including games, recipes and, most importantly, the history of LGBT peeps in an interactive lesson that’s just as fun as it is informative.
6. HoldUms: This simple but genius product is perfect for the gal who’s *obsessed* with organizing everything. Instead of leaving your expensive glasses collecting dust on your nightstand, HoldUms provide a sleek and sturdy way to show ‘em off.
7. The Anti-Snore Wearable: If your partner snores, you’ve probably tried some pretty elaborate ways to get them to pipe down. Since approximately 70 percent of people only snore when they sleep on their back, this convenient wearable vibrates when it detects snoring sounds so you can turn over to your side and stop snoring. Hey, it has to be better than a pillow to the gut!
8. MARA PEN: Whether you’re a saleswoman, teacher or engineer, this new girlboss-approved presentation pen will definitely elevate your pitch. It lets you control your cursor with the motion of your hand, making it easy to highlight information and win over your audience.
9. Gene: Everyone knows that staying hydrated is important… but manually recording every single glass of water you drink can seem like a HUGE waste of time. This new smart water bottle automatically tracks your daily hydration habits using a corresponding app and highlights your progress on the display screen.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)