13 Chocolatey Earl Grey Recipes for (Semi) Refined Palettes
Chocolate chip cookie recipes are great, but sometimes you want to WOW your guests with a super creative dessert selection. Cake batter dessert recipes can do the trick, of course. But perhaps you’re looking for something a little more… refined. That’s where some fantastic Earl Grey recipes can come in. These 13 very particular desserts are the perfect take on tea-inspired treats, as they combine the delicate flavors of Earl Grey with our FAVORITE thing in the world: chocolate!
1. Earl Grey Chocolate Pots de Creme: These insanely delicious cups of goodness are super simple to make. You just need to infuse the coconut milk (yes, they’re dairy-free) with Earl Grey while whisking the coconut sugar and eggs together. Combine and bake, then enjoy. Bonus: They’re Paleo-friendly too. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
2. Decadent Dark Chocolate Earl Grey Truffles: Creamy on the inside with shaved dark chocolate on the outside, these dark chocolate truffles are almost as healthy as they are yummy. They’re 100-percent vegan and made without any added sugar. So… you’re basically eating a health food. (via Wicked Spatula)
3. Earl Grey Infused Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie: Orange zest, ginger and brown sugar flavor this bad boy, alongside Earl Grey tea and pecans. Bonus tip: When adding pecans to the pie, leave the best-looking nuts for the end — you’ll use them to top the cake. (via Hello My Dumpling)
4. Chocolate Earl Grey Shake: Ever craved both a tea and a milkshake but weren’t sure what to do about it? Here’s your answer. If you happen to be vegan or trying to avoid sugar, you’re still in the clear — this recipe contains no animal products or added sugars. (via An Unrefined Vegan)
5. Chocolate and Earl Grey Mousse Cake: Chocolate and Earl Grey make for a fantastic combination… and these tiny mousse cakes are case in point. They’re made with whipped egg yolks and orange syrup alongside chocolate and Earl Grey tea. (via Nordljus)
6. Roasted Banana, Earl Grey and Dark Chocolate Muffins: Nom on these delicious breakfast muffins alongside a hot cuppa Earl Grey. You’ll infuse these babies with tea by placing your tea bags in warm milk, allowing the mixture to cool, and then adding the milk into the batter mixture. (via Whole Bite Blog)
7. Earl Grey Dark Chocolate Cupcakes: Move over, breakfast cereal cupcake recipes — Earl Grey muffins are the new dessert-for-breakfast. These particular cupcakes are made with coffee, Earl Grey (obviously) and cocoa, making for an incredibly eye-opening way to start the day. (via Desserts for Breakfast)
8. Flourless Dark Chocolate Souffle With Earl Grey Cream: This flourless treat is super light and totally PERFECT for showcasing the flavors of Earl Grey. Be sure to let the Earl Grey cream cool before placing it into your flourless soufflé bowls. (via The Artful Desperado)
9. Earl Grey Chocolate Chip Cookies: Check it out: You can, in fact, infuse your traditional cookies with Earl Grey tea. The trick here is not only to infuse the milk with Earl Grey, but also to grind some of the tea in a coffee grinder for mixing right in. (via Designlovefest)
10. Chocolate Buttermilk Cake With Earl Grey: This recipe is actually kind of a two-for-one. You can either make 10-12 cupcakes, or double the recipe and make a delicious buttermilk cake. It’s *obviously* a win-win. (via Raspberri Cupcakes)
11. Earl Grey Chocolate Scones: These scones would be the PERFECT breakfast to bring on the go, particularly if you’re also sipping on some tea. Bonus: These are also ideal for making ahead, so you can freeze them and then thaw when company comes over. (via Making Today Beautiful)
12. Earl Grey Cookies: These super simple cookies only contain six ingredients, so they’re perfect for whipping up when you want a little dessert treat but don’t want to make a special run to the grocery store. All you need to have on hand is butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, chocolate sprinkles (or chips) and, of course, Earl Grey tea. (via Unwed Housewife)
13. Earl Grey Cake With Chocolate Lavender Frosting: This super beautiful cake is actually a white cake — the chocolate comes in by way of the frosting. As an option, add bergamot extract to give it even more of a tea-like flavor. (via Sift and Whisk)
For more inspiring baking ideas and recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)