12 All-Natural Beauty Hacks to Try ASAP
By now, you’ve probably caught on to the “safe” and “green” beauty trends. Most of us can’t afford three-digit facials every week to combat acne, but you can actually get gorgeous skinand commercial-worthy hair with staples found in your fridge. From an acne-busting honey mask to a gentle teeth whitener that costs less than a buck, this is how we get our glow on. Give harsh chemicals the boot with these 12 all-natural beauty tips.
1. Dry Brushing: It may sound far from pampering, but supermodels swear by this simple beauty trick. The key things to remember are finding a good quality, all-natural brush and being gentle. (via Brit + Co)
2. Zap Blemishes ($6): Homeopaths have long been using tea tree oil to help combat acne. The antibacterial properties found in the oil not only kill blemish-causing bacteria, but also smell good. Rub it over infected areas with a cotton swab and watch imperfections disappear.
3. Gentle Body Scrub: Slough away dry skin with these pleasant-smelling, organic body scrubs that you can make with ingredients found in your fridge. We’re huge fans of this coconut and coffee concoction, especially on a Monday morning. (via Brit + Co)
4. Strengthening Nail Treatment: If you get your nails done regularly, then you’ve probably experienced dry, weak nails from time to time. Nail polishes and removers can be harsh on your nails and cuticles, but this egg and honey nail mask will strengthen and protect your digits. (via Fashion Gone Rouge)
5. Sweat It Out: It’s gross, but sweating up a storm is actually good for your skin (as long as you remember to wash up afterwards, of course). Jam out at your next Soul Cycle class or step into the sauna to help flush out those toxins. (via Become Gorgeous)
6. Alba Botanica’s Very Emollient Cream Shave ($6): Forget those nasty toxins like parabens and phthalates. Get silky smooth legs with an all-natural shaving cream. Power-packed with rich ingredients like mango, jojoba and vanilla, this fragrant shaving cream will banish dryness and post-shaving irritation.
7. Treat Parched Strands: Is your limp, brittle hair getting you down? Pump moisture back into your tresses with an intense, oil-based hair mask. Make your own mask, or if that’s not your thing, pick up a paraben and silicone-free Superbly Smoothing Argan Mask ($25) from Kiehl’s to help tame those flyaways. (via Free People)
8. Honey Face Mask: Soft, beautiful skin can be yours with this easy and affordable DIY face mask. Honey is a natural anti-bacterial that helps kill acne, while also healing scars. Simply rub raw, organic honey gently on your face, spreading a thin layer. Leave the mask on for up to 10 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Ta-da. (via Top Inspired)
9. Steam Your Skin: To make a face mask more effective, try applying it right after a warm shower. The steam helps to open pores, which helps ingredients penetrate the skin. No time to shower? Fake it! Simply run a washcloth under warm water, ring it out and then press it to your face. Repeat this two to three times. (via Become Gorgeous)
10. Exfoliate Rough Skin: Cut an orange in half and rub it on your elbows and knees. The citric acids help smooth rough patches and it smells good too. Rinse off the sticky mess when you are done. (via Beauty Ramp)
11. Erase Under Eye Circles: Want to banish under eye circles in the blink of an eye? Pass the parsley. It’s rich in vitamin K, a nutrient that reduces blood flow when applied topically. Hello, bright eyes. (via Hello Natural)
12. Whiten Your Smile: Oh, baking soda, is there anything you can’t do? Sprinkle baking soda on your toothbrush once a week and gently brush. You’ll have sparkling chompers in no time. Just be careful not to overdo it, as this method can wear the enamel on your teeth. (via Healthy Food House)
What are your go-to beauty tips? Tell us in the comments below!