10 Back-to-School Shopping Apps That Bring the Mall to You
We may DIY all the time, but deep down, we’re super lazy. We heart meals delivered to our doorstep, manicure colors that arrive in the mail and, best of all, having the ability to refresh our closets without even getting out of bed. In fact, we’re planning on doing the bulk of our back-to-school shopping online. These 10 amazing apps will make the process an absolute breeze.
1. ASOS: We could lose entire hours on this trendy international retailer’s online catalog. The app has all your favorites, from clothing to accessories, shoes to backpacks. PS: They ship worldwide for free!
2. The Outnet: The Outnet is the best kept open secret for discounted designer fashion. This is actually an online outlet where designer items go after they’ve passed their season, and where you get to score on some crazy deals straight from your phone.
3. FarFetch: FarFetch aggregates cool items from independent boutiques all over the world sells them on their site and app. Another nifty thing about the FarFetch app is its “Discover” feature, which shows you places to shop, eat, drink and stay nearby.
4. Nasty Gal: We all know about Nasty Gal’s founder Sophia Amoruso (#girlboss) and her badass style. The app is a simple-to-shop dream chock full of cool-girl style. Also, the photos are huge, so even on your smart gadget, you can get a great idea of the clothes you’re buying.
5. Urban Outfitters: Urban Outfitters doesn’t really need an intro. Gain access via your phone to all their departments, including their Apartment section that has all kinds of boho chic options to deck out your dorm room. You know your dorm room is missing a string of brightly colored hanging tassels.
6. Zappos: The site is pretty renowned for their badass customer service (one agent once spent an hour and half on the phone helping a customer), and their app brings all their merchandise right to your pocket with its easy-to-use interface.
7. Polyvore: If you’ve got a general hankering for an item (i.e. brown leather Chelsea boots) but you don’t know which one you want, Polyvore is the app for you. It lets you browse all the items it can find with the description you input, so you can find your perfect shoe/shirt/coat. Plus, you can put together shop-able collages to flex your stylist muscles.
8. Forever21: Forever21 has one of the most downloaded shopping apps for millennials, and it’s pretty easy to see why. Affordable, trendy clothing + a super attractive and comprehensive app? Sign us up. You can buy your entire wardrobe on this app and not break the bank.
9. Karmaloop: Karmaloop is the ultimate destination if you like streetwear. Their app is categorized by “Men’s,” “Women’s” and “Collections,” which are split up into easily shop-able sections like “Basic Knits” and “Sport This Look.” Also cool? They have a KTV feature on their side bar where you can play a Karmaloop-curated playlist.
10. Sephora: Sephora, AKA makeup heaven, has a pretty wonderful app. It gives you access to all the things on their site and more. Not only does it store your VIB membership info (which you can save to your Passbook, FYI!), but it also has mobile-only offers.
Do you have any favorite shopping apps that aren’t listed here? Tell us in the comments below!
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.