We love all the buzz surrounding March Madness — watching college basketball and enjoying some hoops-inspired treats, like March Madness cocktails and healthy(ish) PB pretzel cookie dough dip rules *every* year. But the athleticism these college athletes are showcasing is incredible and quite the fitspiration. So we turned to YouTube to see how we can steal those killer moves to get a slam dunk workout. You’ll feel like a champ after finishing any of these five high-energy, basketball-inspired practices.
1. 30-Minute Individual Basketball Workout: You’ll need a coach, a bestie or a boo to get through this four-part comprehensive basketball workout. This video delivers all-around cardio and a hoops skill session to take you from beginner to pro in no time. (via 816 Basketball)
2. Basketball Drills Workout for Sexy Shoulders: Whether you’re a player or not, this 20-minute workout will have you sweating in no time. You’ll work on strength training and agility moves that imitate a real-life game. (via Herbalife)
3. Basketball Layup Drill: New to the game? Head to the gym and start with this easy to follow workout with Coach Roc. Your skillset, your knowledge of the game and your heart rate will all be up by the time you get through this quick video. (via ILoveBasketballTV)
4. 5 Best Core Exercises for Basketball Players: Just when we thought abs were difficult enough, Tony Watson goes and adds in ball handling drills to the mix. He’ll coach you through five exercises (our fave is the finger tip leg kick) that work your abs and require a basketball to complete. (via Pro Training Basketball)
5. Full Shooting Workout for Basketball Players: Dennis Stanton proves why game speed is the only speed in this solo shooting workout. The video might be geared toward more serious players, but the cardio involved has us rookies getting in a killer workout, too. (via Pure Sweat Basketball)
Who are you cheering for in the tournament? Tweet us your team @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via Getty)