These 8 Hero Beauty Products Instantly Fix Your Makeup Mistakes
In a flawless, non-human world, we’d apply our makeup to perfectly smooth skin, draw matching winged liner on both eyes and look like a pinup model or a Mad Men extra when we applied our lipstick. But IRL, our hands shake, our makeup runs when we go to hard on the dance floor and every now and then, lipstick application can feel a whole lot more The Joker than Marilyn Monroe (we’ve all been there!). That’s when we need beauty products in your kit created specifically for cleaning up our messes. These eight beauty saviors are our faves for fixing beauty blunders in a matter of seconds, making oil-slick foreheads and raccoon eyes a thing of the past.
1. Nudestix Clean-Up Pencil ($24): This makeup-dissolving formula is perfect for toning down blush, cleaning up wayward eyeshadow or getting your lipstick back inside the lines.
2. Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Clean-Up Pen ($6): When painting your nails becomes constantly re-painting your nails, this nifty little pen helps to erase smudges and smears in a flash.
3. Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil ($16): From priming to perfecting, this pencil has your back. The creamy formula works to hide blemishes, prevent mistakes and even fill in fine lines. It’s a must-have for any makeup bag.
4. Beauty Blender Bloterazzi ($20): This IT product pulls double duty perfecting makeup and blotting oil, making these purse-sized sponges crucial for midday touch-ups.
5. Julep CTRL + Z Eye Makeup Eraser ($10): CTRL + Z has been a lifesaver for your computer errors, so we’re trusting this aptly named product to do the same for our makeup. The handy little pen comes with a pointed tip that makes it simple to fix those little blunders with precision.
6. Almay Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks ($6/24): Taking off all of your makeup and starting from scratch because your eyeshadow ended up on your cheeks or your liner left its imprint under your eyebrow can be a total drag. Fix little problems easily with these souped-up cotton swabs, and keep the rest of your makeup on track.
7. Bite Beauty Lush Lip Wipes ($12): Changing or taking off lip color can be pretty messy, not to mention zap all the moisture from your pout. These all-natural wipes soothe and hydrate your lips while getting them ready for a reset in one quick swipe.
8. Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens ($10): Don’t let oil mess up your makeup — simply blot it away with these charcoal-infused linens. The sheets will remove excess shine and oil without the threat of disturbing your makeup — it’s a win-win for your skin.
Show us the products you use for any makeup mistakes by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #makeupmishaps!