5 Best Apps of the Week: An App All Netflix Lovers NEED + More
Whether you’re at Coachella this weekend (follow along — Brit + Co has a front “row” seat!), grabbing brunch with your besties or just lounging at home, you probably have your smartphone glued to your hand. Make this weekend even better by checking out the best apps of the week. This week we’ve got the brand new, revamped Starbucks app, a TV-show-tracking app for Netflix-lovers and so much more. See all the goodies below!
1. Starbucks: If you love your cup of joe in the morning (or skinny vanilla latte or the new Caramelized Honey Frapp) more than oxygen, then you’ll be ecstatic to hear that the trusty old Starbucks smartphone app has just gotten a serious upgrade. Now you can access Starbucks Rewards directly from your app, which allows you to redeem rewards and even has a shiny new dashboard for you to access all your coffee-related stats like music and offers.
2. Serist: Binge-queens, unite! This is the the app for everyone who loves a good Netflix and chill night ;) Serist helps you keep track of new episodes on all the shows you’re following, manage your watch history and also add shows to your “To Watch” list so you’ll always be on top of your streaming game.
3. Banana: Banana is the hilarious app that will crack your friends up. Basically, the app has a massive photo library of public figures, from politicians to YouTubers, and you can record a video that transposes your eyes and mouth onto the image so you can say whatever goofy thing you’d like. No, this isn’t precisely Photoshop, but it certainly is funny.
4. PeakForm: You always hear how important form is when you’re working out, and this app is here to help. PeakForm has nearly 100 exercises complete with HD videos so your workouts will always be accurate. Plus, the app provides video coaching from athlete, middle distance runner and personal trainer Ian Williamson, who also stars in the workout clips!
5. Stamp Music Importer: There are so many music streaming platforms these days it can be kind of hard to track down a specific, er, track. That’s where Stamp comes in. The app allows you to transfer your music between your various apps like Apple Music, Spotify and more. Never spend another minute hunting down a song.
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.