The Ultimate List of Supplies for Your Craft Closet
Craft supplies looking a little sad lately? Sure, that half-set of half-broken crayons and random leftover scrapbook paper have served their purpose in the past, but if you’re really going to make your best creative visions come to life, you’re going to need something better to work with. Like a large Sharpie set (which you’ll cruise through), plenty of paints, and some classic desk supplies too. This roundup of 30 Amazon items below is a great starting point to get your artistic game going strong for all the barbecue decorations, back-to-school DIYs, and weekend craft projects to come. Scroll down to shop ’em all.
1. Tombow Art Markers ($16): From calligraphy to watercoloring, this colorful set of nine markers (plus one blender pen) will make your drawings really “pop” on paper.
2. Scotch Heavy Duty Packaging Tape ($23): *Finally* a tape that holds up to all of those creative projects you’ve been experimenting with. Be sure to keep this one in steady stock.
3. Pilot FriXion Retractable Erasable Gel Pens ($21): These write like a gel, retract like a pen, and erase like a pencil. If only we’d had this set through all those years of schooling.
5. Hammermill Color Copy Paper ($12): Premium-quality printing paper? Let’s set this one on auto-buy.
6. Singer 60-Inch Tape Measure ($3): This pink tape will come in handy for all of your measuring needs, from furniture dimensions to clothing sizing. When you’re knee-deep in your next DIY adventure, you’ll be glad you have it tucked away in your closet for easy access.
7. Rocketbook Everlast Reusable Smart Notebook ($34): Go high-tech without sacrificing the classic feel of pen and paper. You can write on this smart notebook like you would a traditional pad, but your notes can be scanned directly to the cloud, giving all of your brilliant brainstorming ideas a safe and secure home.
8. Tulip 18-Color Tie-Dye Kit ($17): Because you just never know when a tie-dyed tee will be needed.
9. Skydue Letter A4 Paper Expanding File Folder ($9): Keeping track of all the receipts and details for your artistic endeavors usually isn’t as fun as actually creating them, but this pretty pink folder changes that.
10. Heartybay Nylon Brush Set ($5): This 10-piece professional-grade nylon brush set will make your next painting stand out whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned pro.
11. Best Titanium Scissors 5-Pack ($12): How many times have you ransacked every drawer in your house in search of the missing scissors? This titanium pack of five will ensure that never happens again.
13. Post-it Flags Assorted Color Combo Pack ($15): When an idea pops up, mark it on the spot. Better yet, color- coordinate it with this variety Post-It pack.
14. Cricut Tools Craft Basic Set ($25): This set of must-haves — scissors, tweezers, spatula, and more — will help you every step of the way in your next creative undertaking.
15. Mira HandCrafts 40 Assorted Colors Acrylic Yarn ($13): When it’s time to whip out the yarn, you need to have every color you’d want to use at your disposal. A 40-pack like this covers all the bases (and hues).
16. BIC Xtra-Sparkle Mechanical Pencil ($13): Throw it back to the basics that carried you through middle school. Bonus: These ones *sparkle* too.
17. CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun with Glue Sticks ($13): Glue guns can be used for a variety of things. And ones that come in mini form? Well, it’s only more portable to tackle more!
18. iBayam Bullet Journal Planner Colored Pens ($6): Upgrade boring black-ink pens with these colorful ones to keep those creative juices flowing.
19. Mod Podge Waterbase Sealer ($8): You can never go wrong with having quick-drying multi-purpose glue on hand.
21. VELCRO Brand 3 1/2″ x 3/4″ Strips ($3): Stick ’em to your fave handcrafted (and store-bought) goods for a safe way to put your creations on display.
22. Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive ($8): If it’s broke, fix it — with this adhesive fabric and leather mender.
23. MarvelBeads Water Beads Rainbow Mix ($9): Boring craft supplies? No thanks! The value-pack bag of rainbow-colored beads is pretty much calling your name and singing to your imagination.
24. Elmer’s Disappearing Purple School Glue ($15): Assemble scrapbook pages and fridge artwork in record time with the help of these quick-disappearing — and washable — glue sticks.
25. Brother Feature-Rich Sewing Machine ($166): Swap tedious hand-stitching for a speedy, professional-grade sewing machine. (You’ll thank us later for all of your extra free time.)
27. Nicapa Replacement Cutting Mat 3-Pack ($15): Make sure your sharpest creations are always safely executed. These mats hold up against all types of blades to protect your surfaces as you go.
28. AmazonBasics Colored File Folders ($14): Color-coders, get excited. This affordable folder set is the answer to all of your filing dreams.
29. Sharpie Permanent Markers 12-Pack ($16): It seems like you’re always reaching for a Sharpie, so you might as well invest in a pack that’ll last you for the long haul.
30. AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator ($22): This may be one of the most-wanted crafting tools of all time. Spill-, food-, and baby-proof all those items you love by running them through this laminating machine.
Which of these craft closet items will you scoop up? Follow us on Pinterest for project ideas to put them to use!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.