21 Trendy Spring Prints You Didn’t Know You Needed
The end of winter is near, and our frozen limbs couldn’t be happier. Thankfully, you don’t have to wait for warmer temps to arrive to start subtly (or not-so-subtly) sneaking in transitional spring coats and test-driving the season’s latest batch of prints. In fact, for the best selection — and first dibs on the gingham trousers of your dreams — it would behoove you to start shopping now. Seriously — get those Pinterest boards and sale notifications ready! This season there’s no shortage of bold, attention-getting prints (like railroad stripes! And next-level tie-dye!) to pique your interest. And the best part is that you don’t even have to be a street style star to pull ‘em off. Let the pattern clashing begin with these 21 prints that will have you spring break-ready in no time.
1. Nasty Gal Chevron Chase Cropped Sweater ($48): Cropped and ready to mingle, this colorful chevron sweater will bring back all the ‘70s feels. Take style cues from T-Swift herself by teaming it with retro high-waisted shorts and colorful sneakers.
2. Madewell Cloud-Dye Tee ($40): While tie-dye prints are nothing new, there’s something about this sky blue hand-dyed tee that’s downright dreamy. For that laid-back, chic look that every fashion girl is always trying to nail, simply pair it with some “mom” jeans and mirrored sunnies.
3. Reformation Corey Dress ($218): Nothing beats a classic floral printed dress fit for a tea party (or any spring outing, for that matter). Team it with some throwback suede mules and a vintage leather saddle bag for max perfection.
4. Flynn Skye Wrap It Up Skirt in Ruby Daisy ($154): ICYMI: Ditzy floral prints reminiscent of the prairie are having a little moment. Pair this effortless wrap skirt with a denim jacket and a fringed cross body bag for day one of Coachella, or get the matching top for a runway-worthy look.
5. Rag & Bone/Jean The Engineer Pants ($190): Lightweight, railroad-striped linen pants are breezy for sheezy. Ease into wearing your summer whites by tossing these bad boys on with a black tee and a straw fedora for a Parisian chic look.
6. & Other Stories Graffiti Print Leather Skirt ($275): For a considerably edgy springtime look (see ya later, soft pastels and spring blossoms), check out this punk-inspired graffiti skirt. Break out the leather jacket and studded biker boots for a fierce look that doesn’t mess around.
7. J.Crew Collection Crinoline Skirt in Romantic Floral ($298): Can you count the ways to style this English floral skirt? Whether you wear it with a casual tee for an enchanting seaside wedding or a sleeveless blouse for the boardroom, the sartorial options are endless.
9. Kate Spade Multi Stripe Midi Skirt ($328): You know that you want to give this party-esque striped yachting skirt a twirl (or two). When paired with a chambray shirt and canvas sneakers, it may even inspire you to skip spring and jump right into summer.
10. J.Crew Martie Pant in Gingham ($98): Prepsters everywhere, eat your heart out! These navy gingham cropped pants are nothing short of game-changing. This workhorse will straight-up stun in the office or a casual jaunt outside, especially when you throw a scalloped top and bow flats into the mix.
11. & Other Stories Gamer Print Jersey Dress ($90): A simple silhouette paired with a bold graphic print is the recipe for off-duty dressing. This whimsical black and white dash print is versatile enough to take you from desk to drinks with the right statement-making steppers (and maybe a dramatic pout).
12. Zara Jacquard Dress ($30): All Americana is the name of the sartorial game this season. Show off your patriotic side by rocking this free-wheelin’ nautical striped dress with edgy ankle boots and a timeless trench.
13. Topshop Petite Ditsy Star Print Shirt ($58): Enter the style hack of the century. When mixing and matching prints proves to be too time consuming, allow your shirt to do the coordinating for you. Mixed media tops, like this one featuring a combination star print, will make you seem way ahead of the fashion curve. Slip it on alongside some black culottes or cropped flares for a one-and-done look.
14. Mara Hoffman Crepe Tie Back Dress ($268): You’ve got the bikini and a tassel beach cover-up to match. Now all that’s missing is a swoon-inducing maxi made for soaking up the rays and enjoying dinner al fresco. Bring on the relaxation vibes a la this colorful, geometric-printed halter dress that’s all sorts of pretty.
15. Free People Lover’s Lane Mini ($78): Get ready to embrace a rocker ‘tude, thanks to this flirty floral mini that’s a shoo-in for festival season. You can toughen up your look with a vintage band tee, a tough-girl neckerchief or motorcycle boots.
16. Jaded London Off High Neck Body-Conscious Dress in Multi Stripe Print ($48): For days when you’re “just being Miley,” a rainbow-striped bodycon dress with this much sass is in order. Throw in some mirrored wedges and signature pigtail buns, and you’ll be well-equipped for anything from an upcoming GNO to a bachelorette party.
18. & Other Stories Striped T-Shirt ($55): Fact: It’s not spring until you have baseball stripes on deck. Pair this striped jersey tee with black high-waisted jeans and some Adidas Sambas for a day spent playing hooky.
19. Nasty Gal In Tattoo Deep Mini Dress ($148): Take it there with this nude embroidered floral dress that’s like no other. Rest assured that the modern tattoo-like graphics and abbreviated hemline will get you noticed for all the right reasons.
20. Mara Hoffman Hyacinth Sweater Dress ($234): Nothing says globetrotter-in-training like a swingy bohemian dress with Aztec influence that can stand on its own. Everything from the tropical palette to the easygoing silhouette reads Bahamas bound (even if you’re just staying put).
21. Madewell Plaid Tie-Front Skirt ($68): Here’s proof that not all plaids are created equal. We’ve found the perfect plaid that calls to mind freshly mowed grass on a late spring day. Part effortless, part menswear-inspired, this blue tie-front skirt is the epitome of weekend chic when paired with a white V-neck tee and espadrilles.