So, it turns out we’ve been doing spa vacations all wrong. Sure, we’ve enjoyed a glass or two of Champagne while getting our relaxation on (obvs). But really, we should have been chilling in a bath of beer, or detoxing wrapped up in rum instead. Yes, boozy spa treatments exist, and they’re everything we’ve been dreaming about. Plus they offer mega benefits to boot. Here are five we’d travel the globe to try out.
1. Champagne Facial: Our fave bubbly beverage turned facial? Heck yes. The next time you’re in Austin for a bachelorette party or work trip, go over to the Vickymay Skin and Body Spa and request the Champagne facial treatment. It uses a combination of Champagne oil and grapes that will get rid of dead skin cells and help fade dark facial spots. You’ll leave with your skin feeling soft and hydrated. We’ll toast to that. Brit + Co Pick: Champagne facial at Vickymay Spa in Austin, Texas, $150
2. Tequila Massage: Wait, there’s a way to actually partake in tequila without the next-day margarita hangover? Count us in! When in Punta Mita, Mexico, make sure you stop over at the Four Seasons Resort and sign up for this specialty massage. Get ready for a combo of tequila and sage oil application during the treatment; plus they use a traditional Mexican healing massage technique to have you feeling better than ever. Brit + Co Pick: Punta Mita massage at the Four Seasons Resort in Punta Mita, Mexico, from $215
3. Jamaica Mocha/Rum Wrap: You’ve probably heard that a spa wrap can eliminate toxins in your body and reduce cellulite. But if you’re not too thrilled about being wrapped up in seaweed, you’ll appreciate a soothing combo of cocoa, rum, shea butter, honey, and mango. This is all while you’re chilling at the RockHouse Spa, which was built directly over the sea in Negril, Jamaica. BRB, buying tickets to Jamaica RN. Brit + Co Pick: Jamaica mocha/rum wrap at RockHouse Spa in Negril, Jamaica, price upon request
4. Beer Bath: Forget drinking beer in Europe; how about bathing in it? At the Chodovar Hotel and Brewery in the Czech Republic, you can take a 20-minute bath in mineral water with a mix of beer yeast, hops, and dehydrated crushed herbs. Improve your circulation and blood pressure all while enjoying a glass of the brewery’s signature beer in the tub. Brit + Co Pick: Real beer bath at Chodovar Brewery in Chodova-Plana, Czech Republic, $30
5. Cherry Wine Chocolate Facial: If your two favorite things in life involve wine and chocolate, this yummy-sounding facial is for you. The organic ingredients used are full of antioxidants, so their anti-aging properties work to firm and tighten your skin. This is definitely worth a trip to Southern Cali. Brit + Co Pick: Cherry wine facial at RA Organic Spa in Burbank, California, $120
Would you try out a boozy spa treatment? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)