They exist: batch craft cocktails. And we’re not talking sweet, syrupy concoctions used as mixers. We’re talking real deal cocktails in a bottle! Popular before prohibition, the bottled cocktail is making its revival. And bars and commercial producers are putting a topper on their signature sippers everywhere from the shores of San Francisco to the city streets of London. The cocktail happily moves from shaken-and-stirred to pop-that-top. Insert fancy straw and get sucking.
1. Organic Mixology Wild Cranberry Blood Orange Cocktail ($49): Toast to the world’s first USDA-certified organic pre-batched cocktail. It’s not too sweet thanks to the tart wild cranberry and the bitter bite of blood orange.
2. Hochstadter’s Slow and Low ($40) A take on the 19th century’s Old Fashioned, it’s a maceration of organic rye whiskey, grapefruit, lemon, and orange peels, sweetened with rock candy and a touch of honey. It finishes with just a scent of horehound.
3. Negroni ($56): Thanks to the Handmade Cocktail Company, this vintage fave, considered an apèritif, may be imbibed at the twist of a cap. English-copper-pot-still gin, sweet vermouth, Campari, and Aperol round out this classic negroni.
4. Crafthouse Moscow Mule ($20): Clink your copper cup to the cocktail that popularized vodka in 1950s America. Making its resurgence again, the Moscow Mule leaves its refreshing mark with the zest of lime and zing of ginger.
5. My Cocktail Cosmopolitan ($16): Glasses are so last season. Out with the glass and in with the pouch! Sip on this globetrotting blend of French vodka, orange liquor, and lime straight from Mexico.
6. Leblon Cedilla Acai Liqueur ($18): “Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking…” that’s exactly how you’ll be feeling after sipping on this cachaca-fied cocktail. Brazil’s famous Cachaça is infused into an exotic blend of macerated acai berries, ginger, and orange peels.
7. Smoke Liqueur ($20) Take a sultry sip of this spritzer-like cocktail. Smooth vodka is infused with tropical coconut and pineapple. Add a dash of sweet and fizzy Moscato, and you’ve got yourself a class-act cocktail.
8. Miami Cocktail Company Pina Colada ($15): Get this. No sugar, no high-fructose corn syrup, no carbs, no preservatives, no additives… what is it you ask? It’s an artisan cocktail from Miami! Twist the cap, and enjoy this classic cocktail filled with that tropical breeze.
9. BuzzBallz Tequila ‘Rita ($4): Young and lighthearted? Crack it open! Buzzballs are fun, functional, unbreakable, recyclable, freezable, and floatable… phew! That’s a lot all packed into a little ball. Check out the other flavors BuzzBallz has rollin’ around.
10. High West Distillery Barreled Manhattan ($55): Commemorating Utah’s (36th) vote to end prohibition, this barrel-aged Manhattan made from rye, sweet red vermouth, and Angostura bitters makes a refined statement. Enjoy garnished with a maraschino cherry.
What pop-that-top cocktails are you clinking your glass to? Pour it out in the comments below!