You keep scrolling through Instagram and “liking” all of those brush lettering posts, right? Us too! If only you could make your own pretty lettering. But your handwriting isn’t that great, so how could you possibly create something good enough for Instagram?
Well, the truth is, your handwriting doesn’t need to be perfect. In fact, lettering isn’t even about your handwriting! It’s more about learning to draw specific strokes using various brush pen techniques. And, lucky you, you can finally learn how!
We collaborated with Tombow and lettering lover Brittany Luiz to create an online class that will do just that! In her upcoming course, Bounce Lettering Basics, Brittany’s going to teach you the basics of brush lettering and how to take it to the next level by creating beautiful bounce letters!
GET YOUR CLASS MATERIALS EARLY:
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Tombow Fudenosuke Calligraphy Pen
- Marker Paper
- Tracing Paper
- Laserjet Printer Paper
- Mixed Media Paper (at least 90-100lb)
- Drawing Pencil
- Tombow Blending Palette (Optional)
- Ruler (Optional)
By the end of this class, you’ll know how to:
- Use Tombow brush pens to draw a script and block letter alphabet
- Apply the right strokes (and pressure) to create bounce lettering words and phrases
- Use blending techniques to add extra oomph to your designs
- Create your own custom hand-lettered cards (you’ll create two in this class!)
And Brittany says practice makes perfect! So keep practicing the techniques taught in her class and make sure to utilize the exclusive 24-page course workbook that includes:
- A list of her tried and true hand lettering supplies
- A lettering terminology guide (you’re gonna sound like a pro!)
- Instructions on how to mimic basic brush strokes
- Script and block letter alphabet examples and practice sheets
- Bounce lettering examples to master this fun lettering technique
And if you need more inspo, just check out all the projects in Brittany’s Instagram feed:
Ready to try your hand at bounce lettering? Enroll in this fun beginner-friendly course today!