There’s no denying that bourbon is a beloved holiday drink. But it’s just as great when baked into your favorite holiday desserts! Maple bourbon compote, bacon bourbon brittle… the possibilities for bourbon dessert goodness are endless. Make sure you’re doing the holidays right with one (or more!) of these sweet and savory boozy, spiked desserts.
1. No-Bake Bourbon Balls: Bite-size balls of bourbon, graham crackers, cocoa powder and walnut-y goodness make for the perfect holiday treat. Plus, they’re totally giftable for friends and family far away since they don’t require refrigeration and can last up to two weeks! (via Brit + Co)
2. Gluten-Free Egg Nog Waffles With Warm Bourbon Cranberry Compote: Breakfast just got a whole lot boozier with this bourbon-loaded cranberry compote. (via Pineapple and Coconut)
3. Gingerbread Cake With Maple Bourbon Frosting: Bake up this festive cake complete with maple bourbon-infused frosting and gingerbread cookies. It will make your home smell just like the holidays. (via Beth Cakes)
5. Bourbon-Spiked Pumpkin Pie With Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream: Not sure how to one-up the original holiday pie? Add some bourbon to the mix, of course. (via The Sugar Hit)
6. Bad Santa Spiced Brownies: Here’s a recipe for brownies that the kids shouldn’t get their hands on but the adults will love. Dark chocolate, nutmeg and toasted pecans? Yes, please. (via The Moonblush Baker)
7. Bourbon Apple Cranberry Cobbler With Anise and Vanilla Bean: Imagine curling up next to the fire with a piping hot cobbler baked fresh with apples and cranberries and served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. *Sigh* (via Vanilla and Bean)
9. Apple and Pecan Tart With Bourbon Caramel Sauce: This pretty little tart that tastes just as good as it looks incorporates two winter flavor favorites: freshly baked apples and pecan pie. The bourbon caramel doesn’t hurt either. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
10. Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole With Sweet ‘n’ Savory Bacon Pecans: If you’re looking for something a little more filling, try this sweet potato casserole. Spiked with bourbon and topped with bacon pecans, this casserole will not last long. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce: Sweet, tangy and delicious are the best words to describe this holiday classic. Best drizzled atop other desserts or served as a complementary side to any dish, this holiday favorite isn’t going anywhere. (via Gimme Some Oven)
12. Persimmon Crisp and Bourbon Whipped Cream: Show some persimmon love with this recipe that mixes the savory from a bourbon whipped cream with the sweet from a fruit crisp filling. (via And She Cooks)
Are you ready to bake with bourbon? Follow us on Pinterest for more boozy recipe inspo.