19 Holiday Cake Recipes to Make You Forget About Pie
The holiday dessert scene has seen a long-running affinity for pie. While we’re hard pressed to find people who actively avoid the sweet treat, it’s about time that other decadent desserts get a shot at the center of the table. If you can’t let pie go, by all means have both, but trust: These gorgeous cakes will be the ultimate culinary gift to share with guests.
1. Allergen-Friendly Gingerbread Wreath Cake: Hey, you may have been down about the stuff you won’t be able to eat at every gut-busting family meal (stupid food allergies), but chin up. This cake has your back. (via Pure Ella)
6. Almond Cranberry Cake With Mascarpone Frosting: It’s always a good idea to make adorable desserts that portion as individual servings. Plus, with mascarpone cheese involved, how can anyone resist these? (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
10. Gingerbread Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting and Sugared Cranberries: This cake reminds us of a gingerbread house and renders all the happy feels :) And the rule is, if a cake makes you smile, you must bake it. (via Call Me Cupcake)
13. Champagne Cake: Since the holidays are full of cheer as it is, might as well continue the theme of merriment through to dessert. Plus, who doesn’t want to eat champagne while drinking champagne? (via The Glitter Guide)
14. One Bowl Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Hazelnut Cake: And today, kids, the word of the day is YUM. This cake is a crowdpleaser for sure. (via Minimalist Baker)
15. Bailey’s Tres Leches Cake: Tres leches cake is what regs cake wants to be when it grows up. This boozy Bailey’s version will totally hit the spot. Also, edible flowers never hurt. (via The Jewels of New York)
17. Italian Rainbow Cookie Cake: Not only is the color palette of this cake reminiscent of those yummy Italian cookies, it’s also totally in season right now. You’ll wow your guests with that first slice no question. (via Brit + Co)
What desserts are you cooking up for the holidays? Tell us in the comments!