Treat Yo’ Self: 20 Scrumptious Meals for One
Show of hands, how many of you often cook for one? Well, if your solo dining habits resemble ours, it likely involves A LOT of leftovers. Happily, these 20 recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert show us that it doesn’t always have to be that way. That’s right, no more leftover takeout woes or popcorn for dinner. These recipes are full of flavor and allow you the option to personalize the menu to your tastes alone — there’s never been a better time for unattached dining.
4. Egg and Chickpea Breakfast: Start the day off on the right foot with a brekkie that’s packed with protein and veggie action. It’ll be ready for you to dig in after just 10 mostly unattended minutes. (via The Almond Eater)
10. Strawberry Lemonade: Cool off with a frosty glass of this sweet-tart lemonade on a sweltering summer day. As a nice bonus, it transitions to cocktail hour with ease after just a splash of vodka. (via Foodess)
13. Persimmon Pancakes for One (Gluten-Free): The pop of color and flavor provided by bright orange persimmons makes these ‘cakes an especially great breakfast to wake up to. (via Treats With a Twist)
16. Spinach and Artichoke Pasta: It’s kinda hard not to love the convenience of one-pot pastas. This hearty, delicious recipe is one that every solo diner needs in their back pocket. (via Sweet Love and Ginger)
17. Single Serving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Bake up a batch of these chewy cookies the next time you’re in need of something sweet. They’ll disappear in a flash, so you won’t have to worry about leaving any evidence behind. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
20. Single Serve Peanut Butter Muffin: It’s not necessary, but spreading these nutty muffins with a little extra PB action is definitely a good call. Choose between making a conventional version with a leftover egg white or go vegan instead. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
What are your favorite single-serving recipes to make? Share yours with us below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)