Treat Yo’ Self: 20 Scrumptious Meals for One
Show of hands, how many of you often cook for one? Well, if your solo dining habits resemble ours, it likely involves A LOT of leftovers. Happily, these 20 recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert show us that it doesn’t always have to be that way. That’s right, no more leftover takeout woes or popcorn for dinner. These recipes are full of flavor and allow you the option to personalize the menu to your tastes alone — there’s never been a better time for unattached dining.
4. Egg and Chickpea Breakfast: Start the day off on the right foot with a brekkie that’s packed with protein and veggie action. It’ll be ready for you to dig in after just 10 mostly unattended minutes. (via The Almond Eater)
10. Strawberry Lemonade: Cool off with a frosty glass of this sweet-tart lemonade on a sweltering summer day. As a nice bonus, it transitions to cocktail hour with ease after just a splash of vodka. (via Foodess)
13. Persimmon Pancakes for One (Gluten-Free): The pop of color and flavor provided by bright orange persimmons makes these ‘cakes an especially great breakfast to wake up to. (via Treats With a Twist)
16. Spinach and Artichoke Pasta: It’s kinda hard not to love the convenience of one-pot pastas. This hearty, delicious recipe is one that every solo diner needs in their back pocket. (via Sweet Love and Ginger)
17. Single Serving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Bake up a batch of these chewy cookies the next time you’re in need of something sweet. They’ll disappear in a flash, so you won’t have to worry about leaving any evidence behind. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
20. Single Serve Peanut Butter Muffin: It’s not necessary, but spreading these nutty muffins with a little extra PB action is definitely a good call. Choose between making a conventional version with a leftover egg white or go vegan instead. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
What are your favorite single-serving recipes to make? Share yours with us below.