Treat Yo’ Self: 20 Scrumptious Meals for One
Show of hands, how many of you often cook for one? Well, if your solo dining habits resemble ours, it likely involves A LOT of leftovers. Happily, these 20 recipes for everything from breakfast to dessert show us that it doesn’t always have to be that way. That’s right, no more leftover takeout woes or popcorn for dinner. These recipes are full of flavor and allow you the option to personalize the menu to your tastes alone — there’s never been a better time for unattached dining.
1. Single Lady Apple Pancake: A fusion of fall fruit, pancakes and latkes, these flapjacks are so delish that you’ll be glad to have ’em all to yourself. (via The Sugar Hit)
4. Egg and Chickpea Breakfast: Start the day off on the right foot with a brekkie that’s packed with protein and veggie action. It’ll be ready for you to dig in after just 10 mostly unattended minutes. (via The Almond Eater)
7. Two Cinnamon Rolls: This cinnamon roll recipe just gets us. We’re definitely of the opinion that (at least) two buns is a single serving. (via Yeah… Imma Eat That)
10. Strawberry Lemonade: Cool off with a frosty glass of this sweet-tart lemonade on a sweltering summer day. As a nice bonus, it transitions to cocktail hour with ease after just a splash of vodka. (via Foodess)
11. No-Knead Bread Roll: There’s nothing quite like the smell of homemade bread, right? This is the perfect single serving size of a classic, crusty loaf for one. (via 10th Kitchen)
13. Persimmon Pancakes for One (Gluten-Free): The pop of color and flavor provided by bright orange persimmons makes these ‘cakes an especially great breakfast to wake up to. (via Treats With a Twist)
16. Spinach and Artichoke Pasta: It’s kinda hard not to love the convenience of one-pot pastas. This hearty, delicious recipe is one that every solo diner needs in their back pocket. (via Sweet Love and Ginger)
17. Single Serving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Bake up a batch of these chewy cookies the next time you’re in need of something sweet. They’ll disappear in a flash, so you won’t have to worry about leaving any evidence behind. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
19. Single Serving Cookie: Trust us, this healthy cookie-meets-brownie doesn’t need a smattering of brightly colored sprinkles to shine. (via Yeah… Imma Eat That)
20. Single Serve Peanut Butter Muffin: It’s not necessary, but spreading these nutty muffins with a little extra PB action is definitely a good call. Choose between making a conventional version with a leftover egg white or go vegan instead. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
What are your favorite single-serving recipes to make? Share yours with us below.