Shop Brit’s Picks: 30% Off Select Online Classes (Today Only!)
Are you looking for a few creative holiday gift ideas? Look no further! We asked Brit to pick out her favorite online classes for holiday gifting, and you can now enjoy 30-percent off on Brit’s favorite online classes.
But hurry! This offer is only available today!
So check out Brit’s five faves below, add them to your shopping cart, and use the code BRITSPICKS at checkout.
Limited time! Only available on select classes. Offer ends tonight at 11:59pm PST.
BRIT’S PICKS FOR HOLIDAY GIFTING
1. Intro to DSLR Photography Online Class: Learn how to finally use your fancy DSLR camera! In this class, you’ll learn how to take your camera out of Auto and shoot in Manual like a pro!
2. Coding: From Web Page to Website Online Class: Coders gonna code. Learn HTML + CSS in just an hour! Your final project will be a custom multi-page website that is sure to make your content stand out. The best part? It’s a website built by YOU!
3. Design Patterns in Adobe Illustrator Online Class: Create custom patterns to use on artwork, fabric, as a desktop wallpaper and more! In this fun 58-minute class, you’ll learn basic Adobe Illustrator tools, how to draw and design custom patterns, and print them for use on all kinds of surfaces. The options are endless!
4. Fauxligraphy: Pen Calligraphy Online Class: No ink or nibs needed. Create fancy lettering with just a Sharpie! In this class, you’ll walk away with a riveting DIY coffee mug, a unique lettering style and the creative skills to continue creating all kinds of hand-written designs.
5. Intro to Embroidery Online Class: Master key stitches to create whimsical embroidered designs.
If you aren’t familiar with how to gift our online classes, here’s the rundown:
Share your projects with us on Instagram! Tag us @britandco and use the hashtag #bcweekender and #iamcreative.
30% off on select online classes: Promo code BRITSPICKS is valid from 12:01am to 11:59pm on 11/25 at B+C Classes (brit.co/learn) only. Offer not combinable with other discounts, or promotions. Offer not transferable.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)