12 Bulgogi Recipes for When You Can’t Be Bothered to Leave the House
Gone are the days when pizza was the first thing you thought of when ordering takeout. Now your palate is much more accustomed to the flavors of Korean food, whether you’re digging into a big bibimbap bowl or snacking on kimchi. But sometimes you just can’t be bothered to get your shoes on and head out the door for dinner — totally understandable. For those occasions, bulgogi, thinly sliced marinated Korean beef, is the answer. Scroll down for 12 takeout-inspired recipes that also feature chicken, pork, and vegetables.
1. Bulgogi Spring Rolls With Sweet Ssamjang Sauce: Next time you make a big batch of bulgogi, make sure you have enough leftovers to make these spring rolls. That sweet ssamjang sauce alone is enough to make you crave this dish. (via My Korean Kitchen)
2. Spicy Pork Bulgogi Rice Bowl: You may think of beef when you hear bulgogi, but pork is often used as well. To increase the spice factor of this rice bowl, add tons of gochujang to the final product. (via My Korean Kitchen)
4. Bulgogi Chicken Bowls With Coconut Cauliflower Rice: This low-carb and keto-friendly bowl is perfect for a fast and healthy weeknight meal. Using ground chicken makes for quick cooking and subbing cauliflower for rice keeps the carb level low. (via Domesticate Me)
11. Portobello Mushroom Bulgogi Bowl With Roasted Broccoli and Sriracha Mayo: Don’t worry, vegans — we’ve got you covered. This veggie bowl uses bulgogi seasoned mushrooms in lieu of beef, and the results are nothing short of incredible. (via Avocado a Day Nutrition)
12. Slow Cooker Korean Pork Bulgogi With Gochujang: Imagine you walk in the door from a long day at work to be greeted by the smells of sweet and spicy bulgogi. That fantasy could easily be a reality with this simple slow cooker adaptation. (via My Food Story)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.