Everyone, just take a deeeeep breath. With Easter over (and those piles of chocolate eggs eaten), you can finally get around to a relaxing weekend tackling all those fun projects you’ve been itching to get your hands on. Focus on a few DIYs that will make your home a little more fun and a lot more colorful — and maybe even a bit more organized. Whether you’re looking for spring-inspired decor or an ultra-easy home office hack, here are 11 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. DIY Floral Wreath: It’s time faux flowers got a mod makeover, and this DIY takes Pinterest’s top three trends — watercolor, embroidery and gold leafing — to create a floral wreath that’s perfect for spring decor. With just a few embroidery stitches and a sprinkling of gold leaf, you can make those fake craft flowers look like a million bucks. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Clay Cactus Bud Vase: Show off your best buds in a cactus that will never die on you. The best part about polymer clay is that you can sculpt it into any shape you want — so if you’re not into cacti, you can form literally anything. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. DIY Free Printable Coloring Postcards: This one’s for all the snail mail lovers out there. Take your love of coloring (and your love of cake) to the post office, and mail off these printable postcards to all your BFFs. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY Acrylic Travel Phone Stand: If you’ve ever tried to follow a recipe or a DIY project off your phone, you know what a pain it is when your phone keeps falling over. Fix that problem for-evah with this adorable mini acrylic phone stand. Plus, it folds right up so you can take it wherever you go. (via Lovely Indeed)
5. DIY Leather Magazine Holder: It was that gorgeous cover image that made you buy the magazine in the first place, so why not show it off as art? Instead of leaving your magazines in stacks around the living room, DIY these Scandi straps to show off your mags in style. (via Burkatron)
6. DIY Rhianna’s Watercolor Athleisure Outfit: Leave it to Rhianna to take the watercolor trend to a whole new level. In case you didn’t want to spend $3000 on your next gym outfit, you can DIY the look with plain white sweats and a few bottles of fabric dye. Instant rainbow magic. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Macrame Camera Strap: If you’re planning any trips this summer, a gorgeous camera strap is practically a necessity. Keep a handle on your valuable gear with a cool strap that doesn’t clash with your OOTD. (via Lovely Indeed)
8. DIY Acrylic Clipboards: Pinterest is great, but sometimes you just need to get your inspo on the walls IRL. Keep your great ideas organized with these DIY clipboards. Use clear acrylic sheets and color dipped binder clips for a chic, modern look that’ll really amp up your creative workspace. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Floating Acrylic Frame: Take a break from the framed gallery wall, and go for something more fresh and modern with this floating acrylic frame. Once you get all the supplies together, this project is easy to put together and is an affordable way to get a really cool piece of statement art. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. DIY Fruity Trinket Boxes: Would you believe these little trinket boxes are made out of wooden bracelets? Pick your favorite summer fruit, and DIY a mini box to gift jewelry or set up a couple on your desk to hold paperclips and thumbtacks. (via Damask Love)
11. DIY Ombre Donuts: When it comes to ombre frosting, you really can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for a fun alternative to cake at your next party, check out these healthy-ish baked donuts with the most Instagram-able frosting ever. (via Brit + Co)
Are you planning on making any of these projects this weekend? If so, we’d love to see the results! Share on Instagram and tag #iamcreative so we can check it out.