27 Homemade Candy Recipes for Halloween
Before you go and raid the Halloween candy aisle of your local grocery store, try to go homemade. Yes, seriously. You can make almost any of your Halloween favorites right at home, and you can bet they’ll be healthier and tastier. You may even save a few bucks. Try them and let us know what you think!
2. Sparkly Fruit Gummies: We love the rainbow of colors that are possible with these gummies, but in the Halloween spirit, maybe you could make them all orange and stick a green toothpick in them for sparkly pumpkins. (via Our Best Bites)
4. Homemade Healthier Mounds Bar: Love Mounds but need something a little less naughty? This vegan recipe uses maple syrup and almond milk for a flavor that’s perhaps even more tropical than the original. (via My Whole Food Life)
6. Homemade Candy Corn: No matter which way you eat it — orange first or white first — the long and short of it is that candy corn is delicious. And the homemade version is even better. Believe it. (via Girly Obsessions)
9. Homemade Butterfinger, Snickers and Kit Kat Bars: We took on some of our own Halloween candy faves in our kitchen, and the results were delish. Spoiler alert: The Butterfinger filling involves candy corn. (via Brit + Co)
16. Creamy Dreamy Peppermint Patties (Vegan + GF): For a vegan, gluten-free twist to the classic peppermint patties, these are worth a try. The center is made of a mixture of cashew paste, so they’re actually packed with protein! (via Ohe She Glows)
18. DIY Twix + Reese’s + Almond Joy: You know how on Twix bar commercials, they show the chocolate cloaking itself on top of cookie caramel filling? Well think of how much better they’ll taste when you do that yourself. Go for our easy peasy Twix, pb cup and Almond Joy recipes! (via Brit + Co)
19. Milky Way Bites: We admit, this one takes some extra dedication, but who’s not dedicated to candy? Once you’ve mastered the caramel and nougat, consider yourself the next Willy Wonka. (via The Sassy One)
20. Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows: They say these homemade marshmallows are “like nibbling on a cloud,” so we’ll take one hundred of them. Once you get this recipe down, try your hand at making different flavors! (via The Kitchn)
22. Homemade Black Licorice: Are you a black licorice lover or hater? We are lovers, so if you’re not, just skip to number 23. This is a southern twist on black licorice, but only when it comes to the dark green coloring. (via Salted & Styled)
26. Butterfinger Fudge: If you eat the chocolate off of the Butterfinger just to get to the yummy, yummy insides, then look no further than this buttery fudge. You’ll want to have someone help you eat it or else you’ll be in for a serious stomachache from nomming the whole batch by yourself. (via Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe)
What’s your favorite Halloween candy? Would you make it at home? Let us know in the comments!