Crop tops and summer are a match made in sartorial heaven. Crop tops and chillier weather, on the other hand — now there is a slightly more difficult situation. While it’s a little bit trickier, rocking this ultra-popular style is definitely not impossible. Don’t believe us? Here are 8 celeb-approved ways to bare a little bit of midriff well into fall.
1. Long Sleeves: One quick and easy way to give your look a little bit more of a fall spin is to swap out your short-sleeved top for one with long sleeves. Whether your pair it with a midi or maybe some high-waisted trousers, it’s sure to be a hit. (Photo via Craig Barritt/Getty)
2. Pop on a Jacket: If you’re into the idea of a crop top but also feel a little nervous about showing skin, bring a cropped jacket that you can throw on. That way if you need a little something extra you have it, but if you’re up for baring some midriff you have that option as well. (Photo via Tristan Fewings/Getty)
3. No Skin: Crop tops don’t nessesarily mean you have to show skin. Find a top + bottom combo that just overlap by a little bit to get the same look without the gap in between. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
4. Embellished Hemline: If you have a crop top you love but wish it was just a little bit longer, DIY the hemline with a little something extra. We’re super into the luxe-looking feathers Emma is rocking, but a pom-pom trim could also be awesome. (Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
5. Long Skirt: An instant way to fancy up a short shirt is to drop the hemline of the skirt. Case in point: this crop top + midi pairing Jessica Alba wore to last year’s Comic Con. (Photo via /Getty)
6. Complementary Colors: Create a more formal, cohesive vibe by not just putting together a duo that matches, but that’s more of a gradient. It will add an elegant element to your look while still allowing it to be fun. (Photo via /Getty)
7. Embellishments: Well if this isn’t a prime example of how fancy crop tops can look then we don’t know what is. Rocking one with some sort of beading or embellishment is a surefire way to make it look extra classy. (Photo via Mark Davis/Getty)
8. Matching Set: Take a cue from Taylor Swift and Mindy Kaling and go for a matching set. It’s easy, it’s cohesive and it’s super fun. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
How are you planning on wearing a crop top this fall? Share with us in the comments below.