12 New Ways to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love nibbling on cookie dough or experimenting with stirring up the ultimate batch of chocolate chip cookies? Perhaps you even dabble in both areas. No matter how your cookie crumbles, this collection of 12 creative chocolate chip cookie recipes is definitely for you! From layered cakes to cookie-filled cups, these delectable baked goods are bound to cause a few double takes.
1. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet: Deep dish pizza meets chocolate chip cookie in this tempting skillet recipe that promises to be even better than the official “Pizookie” sold in restaurants! (via Damn Delicious)
2. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie ‘n’ Milk Breakfast Cups: Chocolate chips are definitely a better choice than raisins in any oatmeal cookie recipe. But not to worry, the absence of butter coupled with the addition of flaxseed meal and banana keeps these cups from being too indulgent for breakfast-time enjoyment. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. I Can’t Believe These Are Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies: Practically too good to be true, these healthy cookies are made with a surprising ingredient — let’s just say you probably have a can or two of it in your pantry already! (via Brit + Co)
7. Skinny Waffle Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich: Why yes, chocolate chip cookies can be waffled. Made with a lightened cookie recipe filled with nonfat fro-yo makes them a guilt-free indulgence. (via 360 Family Nutrition)
8. Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake: In the same vein as a hundred layer crepe cake, this recipe stacks layers of pressed chocolate chip cookies and buttercream icing to create a stunning tower worthy of celebration. (via The Cake Blog)
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots With Milk: Another creation inspired by the brilliant pastry mind of the cronut creator himself, you’ll be totally be tempted to pound these booze-free shots one after another. (via Pepper)
11. Paleo Pizookie: Almond meal is the key ingredient used to create this paleo-friendly take on the pizza cookie. Be sure to pick up a pint of coconut milk ice cream to scoop over the warm panful of molten morsel-studded goodness. (via Clean Eating With a Dirty Mind)
12. Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake: This magnificent cake combines chocolate chip cookies in its various states, both baked into thick “cake” layers and raw as cookie dough filling in between. A slick of salted caramel icing, followed by dollops of brown sugar buttercream and mini cookie garnish finish this creation — it’s totally likely that you’ll be torn between simply ogling and totally devouring your creation. (via Lorie’s Mississippi Kitchen)
What do you do with chocolate chip cookies? Do you keep things classic or get risky? Let us know below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!