25 Crazy Colorful DIY Party Projects
With fall right around the corner, we better savor our last few months of warm weather before we head back inside and under the blankets again. And what better way to do that than with a party? We’ll take any excuse to get together with friends and family, eat as much dessert as we want and maybe show off our sweet dance moves (yes, they’re sweet.)! One of the first things to decide on when planning a party is usually the color scheme. If you’re a the-brighter-the-better kind of girl, here are 25 projects to add a dose of neon to any party.
1. Neon Animals: Spritz dollar store plastic animals with bright hues to bring a little extra life to the party. These would make great party favors or place card holders (or both!). (via Max Attenborough)
6. Striped Cupcakes: Let your dessert speak with more than its flavors with this striped creation. Just think of all the possible color combinations like red, white and blue for July 4th or purple and orange for Halloween. (via Coco Cake Land)
8. Neon Invitations (contact for pricing): Not all formal affairs have to be stiff and uptight. Let your guests know just what kind of party to expect with these fun neon pink invites.
9. Terra Cotta Pot Cake Stand: Wait! Don’t put that spray paint away just yet. Spray a few quick coats on a terra cotta pot and its drip pan, add a little glue and you’ll have a cool new cake stand! (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
11. Neon Trimmed Napkins ($51): Neon doesn’t have to mean ’80s leggings and hair scrunchies. Keep things classy while still adding a pop of bright color with these linen napkins.
15. DIY Neon Dot Table Runner: A roll of butcher paper and some bright paint make it easy to create a one-of-a-kind table runner. Use a cotton swab or even your fingertips to make the dots. This is a great project to let kids get involved with! (via Hostess With the Mostess)
16. Bright Tablecloths: Parties are supposed to be fun, so make sure you leave your guests with a lasting impression. Don’t be afraid to mix and match bright tablecloths, runners and plates to create a look worth talking about. (via Wedding Chicks)
17. Fabric Runner: Whether it’s your big day, your bestie’s baby shower or a just because party, transform a boring entrance with a festive fabric runner. Your guests will know the party has started as soon as they walk in the door. (via Once Wed)
19. Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers: These cute cupcake toppers will add a punch to your dessert table without artificially coloring.
20. PVC Flower Display: Stacks of white PVC pipe are the perfect backdrop to hold your favorite flowers. The colors really pop and arranging the flowers is a cinch! Since the flowers aren’t tied down it makes it easy to rearrange and perfect your display until the very last minute. (via Once Wed)
22. Balloon-Dipped Mason Jars: That’s right. We “dipped” these mason jars in balloons! It’s a great way to add temporary color to your glassware and pairs perfectly with striped straws. (via Brit + Co)
23. Paper Fans: Made from stacks of colored paper, the possibilities are endless with these fans. Hang them from command hooks, create a fun backdrop or string them into a garland, you’ll be trying to revive yourself once you realize just how great these guys are. (via Rock Scissor Paper)
What’s your favorite way to add a pop of color? Tell us in the comments!