21 Cool Wedding Cake Stands You Can Buy and DIY
Whether you’re planning to serve a classic multi-tiered confection or a rustic drip cake, or have a dessert table to cover every taste (wedding pie, anyone?), you want your goodies to look as amazing as the rest of your celebration. And that’s where cake stands come in. We’ve found 21 tiered trays and cake stands that’ll make your dessert table epic, no matter what your style. Read on for our faves.
1. Fox Creek Woodcraft Rustic Three Tier ($65): This stand is perfect for serving up cupcakes at an outdoorsy wedding.
2. DIY Square: Spray painted wood is a great way to add your colors to your spread and this DIY is super easy to pull off. (via In This Wonderful Life)
3. Repurposed Cake Stand: All you need to make a playful cake stand is a plate, a glass, and a bit of glue. (via Brit + Co.)
4. Colorful Upcycled Stand: The shape of the margarita glass adds a fun, sculptural spin to a colorful tablescape. (via Centsational Girl)
6. Terracotta DIY: This painted terracotta DIY is cute, but we think it could be cool to leave the natural color of the material too. (via Tara Dennis)
7. Rustic DIY: This garden-wedding-appropriate stand looks like it was made by fairies but it’s easy enough for you to create sans the aid of woodland creatures. (via TikkiDo)
8. Metallic Gold Geometric Cake Stand: Elevate your macarons (literally) with this stunning DIY. (via Birds Party)
9. Amazon Chef Giant Cake Stand ($33): This one looks like it belongs in a busy pastry shop, so bring those retro vibes to your event.
10. DIY Footed Wood Slice Tray: Simple and chic, rustic and modern — this stand has all the style bases covered. (via Craftberry Bush)
11. Painted Pasta Cake Stand: Looking for something for the kids’ table? This sweet callback to kindergarten projects is super fun, and surprisingly sophisticated in a single-color palette. (via Handmade Charlotte)
12. West Elm Fishs Eddy Gilded Petit Four Stand ($59): Tiered perfection with a triple gold rim, this stand is classy and sassy. It can be taken apart for easy storage too!
13. Wood Pinwheel Cake Stand: It’s not every day you make something that has a built-in capacity to hold accents like cake toppers. Embrace the unusual with this simple craft. (via Damask Love)
14. DIY Modern Cake Stand: So fresh, so clean. Enough said. (via Enthralling Gumption)
15. IKEA ARV BRÖLLOP Cake Stand ($9): Grab this delightfully wide-domed dish to display your goodies AND keep them protected at your outdoor reception.
16. Glitter & Decoupage Cake Stand: You had us as “glitter.” Transform your thrift store finds into tableware that will (almost) outshine your great aunt’s secret recipe. (via Sugar & Cloth)
17. Anthropologie Betti Cake Stand ($58): Gold and marble are never going out of style. (You heard it here first!) Invest in some pieces that will stand the test of time.
18. Target 10 Strawberry Street Cake Stand ($25): Still looking for your something blue? This streamlined piece has you covered.
19. CB2 Tectonic Gold Cake Stand ($55): Gorgeous gold and wide enough to support the cake of your dreams.
20. Papier-Mâché Cake Stand: Papier-mâché is perfect for tactile creations that will give your table a totally unique look. (via The House That Lars Built)
21. DIY Marble Desert Cake Stand: With a few tiles and a little bit of liquid gold, you can make the perfect tiered display for your tablescape. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
Need inspo for your big day? Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau)