When it comes to savory cooking, fresh herbs are a must. But all too often, herbs like cilantro and basil steal the limelight. Little did we know, there’s a plethora of recipes, from pork chops to veggie bowls, that pair amazingly with mint. Seriously, this cooling herb should NOT be left to desserts. Here are 14 recipes that will have you bringing mint to the dinner table in no time.
2. Tahini Grilled Avocado, Cauliflower, and Sweet Potato Power Bowl: This wholesome bowl is jam-packed with healthy goodies from avocado to sweet potato, but the *real* winner is the minty and herbaceous dressing. (via Food Faith Fitness)
3. Roasted Fennel and Garlic Socca Flatbread With Olives and Mint Parsley Oil: There’s no such thing as too many pizza recipes, so add this socca flatbread drizzled with a refreshing mint and parsley oil to your collection, stat. (via Snixy Kitchen)
4. One-Skillet Steak and Spring Vegetables With Mint Mustard Sauce: Tender steak, crispy asparagus, and sweet peas make this one-skillet meal elegant enough for Sunday dinner, yet easy enough for a hectic weeknight. (via Platings and Pairings)
5. Falafel With Preserved Lemon Yogurt, Spicy Pickled Onions, and Fresh Mint: This minty and rejuvenating falafel ‘wich makes for a perfect lunch, light dinner, or snack in between! (via My Name Is Yeh)
7. Rice Cooker Quinoa Salad With Dried Cherries and Feta: Quinoa is tossed in a tangy lime dressing with invigorating mint, crispy cucumbers, and dried cherries for a stellar salad that works as a main and a side. (via Vintage Kitty)
8. Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Leg With Mint Pesto: If you want to kick things up in the kitchen and impress your fam, this garlic-herb marinated lamb is pure perfection with its refreshing mint pesto. (via The Mediterranean Dish)
9. 10-Minute Zucchini Noodles With Garlic, Lemon, and Parmesan: This minty low-carb recipe tosses zoodles in garlicky, lemony, and cheesy goodness that’ll leave you snubbing noodles *way* more often! (via Instant Pot Eats)
10. Italian Marinated Eggplant: Eggplant is marinated in a mouth-watering garlic, oregano, chili, and mint blend for a flavor that is herbaceous and slightly spicy. Throw it on the grill, then toss it in a salad or have it as a veg side. (via Inside the Rustic Kitchen)
12. Chorizo and Sweet Potato Wraps With Mint and Yoghurt Dressing: Carb lovers, rejoice! These glorious wraps are loaded with potatoes and a creamy revitalizing mint sauce, and it is AH-mazing. (via Anina’s Recipes)
13. Falafel Tabbouleh Salad With Quail Eggs and Labneh: This recipe is everything that is nutritious and delicious, complete with couscous, fresh veggies, citrus, mint, and quail eggs. (via Rhubarb and Cod)
For more refreshing summer eats, follow us on Pinterest.