Think it’s too tough to put together a healthy meal? Well suck it up, sister, because it’s so much easier than you think! For a meal that’s part of a healthy food trend *and* easy to make, these bowl recipes go from a.m. to p.m. in a snap. From wholesome Buddha bowls to smoothie bowls to colorful quinoa bowls, there’s definitely something delicious to indulge in any time of the week. Toss together healthy ingredients for a big bowl of goodness that will satisfy hunger — guilt need not apply! Start with these 14 healthy bowl recipes that are super simple to make.
1. Savory Oatmeal With Cheddar and Fried Egg: Who knew that there’s no need to *only* top oatmeal with cinnamon, brown sugar and dried fruit? Veggies and cheese — oh, and don’t forget that fabulous FRIED EGG — combine to deliver serious breakfast bliss. (via Nibbles and Bits)
2. Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Bowl: Who hasn’t stuck a fork in a piece of pie and called it breakfast? Guilty. This time of year, pumpkin pie is lurking (and tempting), but put down that fork! This smoothie bowl includes pureed pumpkin and lots of spices and seasonings reminiscent of that seasonal treat, but this version is healthy and satisfying. (via The Glowing Fridge)
3. Inner Goddess Raspberry Breakfast Bowls: No time to fire up the stove at the crack of dawn to make breakfast? This smoothie bowl is filled with fruit, chia and flaxmeal. Bonus: Leftovers can stay in the fridge for a few days. (via Pinch of Yum)
4. Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl: When a morning cup of joe doesn’t cut it, go for that green tea with an added antioxidant boost. Powdered green tea — or matcha — is overflowing with the good stuff. Enjoy it in a morning breakfast bowl for a great and green start to the day. (via Minimalist Baker)
5. Mocha Banana Protein Smoothie Bowl: Fro-yo in the morning? Thanks go to protein powder for providing the creamy and thick consistency of this bowl. There’s a little coffee in the mix, along with banana, almond butter and a dose of spinach. Who knew breakfast could taste like dessert? (via Ambitious Kitchen)
6. California Roll Sushi Bowl: Heading out to lunch for sushi with friends is the BEST. Make life easier (and cheaper, duh) by making your own sushi. This bowl is easy to make and complete with ginger and seaweed… no rolling required. (via Wonky Wonderful)
7. Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl: Sometimes the carb-y guilt is too much to handle after eating a big burrito. Burrito bowl to the rescue! This bowl offers all the goods found wrapped in a burrito, but without the giant tortilla that can feel like a gut buster. (via Yummy Healthy Easy)
8. Vegetarian Sushi Bowl: How healthy can you get? This vegetarian-friendly sushi bowl is LOADED with vegetables and brown rice. Just a light drizzle of soy sauce is enough to put this bowl on the Must Make Often list. (via Naturally Ella)
9. Nourishing Garden Veggie Vegan Buddha Bowl: The superfood ingredients in this bowl make it SUPER delicious and super healthy. Watercress, radish and pumpkin seeds make an appearance for a nice, crunchy bowl of goodness. (via Cotter Crunch)
10. Spiralized Butternut Squash Bowls With Harissa Chickpeas and Quinoa: This bowl is *sorta* like lo mein, but the noodles get replaced with spiralized butternut squash. Then just replace the rice with quinoa and throw in some spicy chickpeas for a delicious meal. (via Simply Quinoa)
11. 7-Spice Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls: Takeout for dinner? No need when it’s so easy to toss together this flavorful dish. The fab seasoning comes by way of a Japanese seven-spice combo (known as Shichimi Togarashi), which totally enhances the flavor of the food for a special treat. (via Foodie Crush)
12. Detox Moroccan-Spiced Chickpea Glow Bowl: Did the holiday indulgences get a little out of control? This bowl will cure those ills, STAT. Nutritious and plant-based, the goods in this bowl can alleviate any overdose of turkey and stuffing. (via Pinch of Yum)
13. Winter Goodness Bowl With a Green Sauce: When winter veggies are smothered in a tasty green sauce made from fresh parsley, everything seems right with the world. It’s green, right? After such a healthy meal, it’s only fair to indulge in a little dessert. (via Lazy Cat Kitchen)
14. Spicy Kimchi Quinoa Bowls: Craving kimchi with its spicy, tangy goodness? Well, look no further. Kimchi is tossed into this bowl filled with quinoa and kale, and topped with a cooked egg. (via Simply Quinoa)
For more great bowl recipes, follow us on Pinterest.