10 DIY Beauty Oils to Mix Up Now
When the temps start to drop, so does the moisture in our skin. That’s why we’re breaking out the masks, new beauty products and lotions as if the release of the pumpkin spice latte depended on it. When beginning a new beauty routine for the season, we recommend starting with oils. Not only do the benefits speak for themselves, but oils are cheap and easy to get ahold of, and they effortlessly mold into whatever beauty product you most need on your vanity. Still not sure about switching to oils? Browse these top 10 DIYs.
4. DIY Coconut Rose Lip Balm: Of course the petals look gorg, but they’re also semi-healing (rose water, anyone?) and make for a soft lip scrub when applying. Not a fan of roses? Swap out for another favorite flower or herb. (via My Baking Addition)
5. DIY Spray Facial Toner: Made with apple cider vinegar and lavender oil, this toner is a beauty powerhouse. A spritz or two daily will help do everything from lighten sun spots and balance your skin’s pH to heal acne scars and minimize pores. (via Health Starts in the Kitchen)
6. DIY Cuticle Oil: Made with almond oil, jojoba oil and vitamin E, this DIY oil will help treat dry and damaged cuticles. Did we mention that the ingredients are pretty darn inexpensive and the final product will save you quite the pretty penny? (via Humblebee & Me)
7. Whipped Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub: We already know and love all the benefits of coconut oil, but this scrub takes our adoration to a whole other level (a spa-like level, if you will). Requiring only three ingredients, it’s super easy to make and totally natural, and it makes a great bridal shower gift. (via Eating Bird Food)
8. Herb-Infused Body Oil: This oil will have you dumping your body lotion like your loser ex. The herbal + relaxing concoction will help seal moisture into your skin, keeping it both hydrated and protected. (via BLDG 25)
10. Coconut + Argan Oil Hair Mask: Between chlorine and sun, our hair has taken a beating this summer. Restore it to its natural, vibrant glory with this three-ingredient hair mask. (via By Britney Goldwyn)
What’s the biggest beauty-related transition you struggle with when going from summer to fall? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)