Smell that? That’s the scent of lemon, thyme, rosemary, allspice, any spice — you name it — wafting through your home after you give one of these DIY potpourri tutorials a try. So put down the Febreeze and freshen up your rooms the old-fashioned way. Unlike your grandma’s musty sachet of dried rose petals from 1982, we promise these DIY potpourri combos will get your home smelling zesty and oh-so-good.
1. Stovetop Simple: This Hygge-inspired and V. simple DIY potpourri recipe will make your home smell so good, you won’t want to leave your house. (via Brit + Co)
2. Super Fresh: All it takes are three simple ingredients to make a fresh and energizing scent. This blog also provides printable labels if you want to gift your potpourri. (via Delia Creates)
3. Slow Cooker Scents: Welcome fall with this cinnamon and orange recipe that’s sure to bring the Autumnal vibes (and scents) home. (via The Novice Chef)
4. Rosemary Citrus Smells: Freshen up any space with ALL the citrus, lavender, rosemary, and herbal eucalyptus. (via Hello Glow)
5. Nuts and Berries: Another classic cold-weather combo, the scent of nuts and dried fruit like citrus, juniper berries and apples in this potpourri recipe will definitely banish your winter blues. (via Hello Natural)
6. Soak It Up: The recipe for these “scented waters” involves simmering all the ingredients together and then storing in the fridge between uses. The perfumed water should keep a strong scent for about three days. (via The Yummy Life)
7. Winter Spice: Spice up the remaining cold winter months by whipping up this batch of cinnamon, cloves, star anise, apples, and oranges. Simmer with a bit of water on the stove for a tantalizing, cold-weather scent. (via Julie Blanner)
8. Lavender Vanilla Sachet: Meet the updated version of the above-mentioned sachet. Sweet vanilla and floral lavender make a perfect scented combo and the ideal underwear drawer potpourri. (via The 36th Avenue)
9. Thanksgiving Stove Simmer: Your holiday guests are sure to be asking for this recipe once they smell how incredible it is! (via A Beautiful Mess)
MORE IDEAS TO CONSIDER:
10. Lookin’ Good: Lavender essential oil amps up the scent in this DIY. Throw in some pretty pebbles so your potpourri looks as good as it smells. (via Free People)
12. Crazy Good Combos: Yummy food blog The Kitchn has recommendations on which fruits, herbs, and spices to simmer together to get your kitchen smelling heavenly. Try lavender, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom for a unique scent. (via The Kitchn)
14. Flower Power: Want to get better sleep or have more vivid dreams? This blog has tips on which flowers and herbs to mix together in potpourri to achieve either sleep option. (via The Mountain Rose Blog)
15. Cranberry Splash: Cranberries, oranges, rosemary and a generous sprinkle of spices simmering on the stove will make your nose very happy. (via Rachel Shultz)
Which potpourri combo are you dying to try? Tweet us and tell us @BritandCo!