It may seem cray cray that some people don’t care about the Super Bowl, but sometimes there are other things we’d rather watch (like the Puppy Bowl or the commercials or the halftime show) or do (exploring outside, brunching with friends or weekend projects). It might be hard to ignore the craze, but instead of getting sucked into the big game for your precious Sunday Funday, join us in making one of these 12 DIYs and we’ll be BFFs by the end.
1. Wood and Leather: Pimp out some simple school notebooks for journaling all your road trips and adventures. (via Paper and Stitch)
2. Statement Ring: A football game comes to an end, but a new statement ring is forever. (via Brit + Co)
3. Sequin Marquee Heart: When it comes to sequins, we’re all there. This sparkly marquee sign is totally worth ignoring the score for. (via Sugar and Cloth)
4. Rope Coasters: No more drink rings for your coffee table. These easy coasters will serve as a pretty project as well as a wood protector. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Patterned Rug: Don’t dole out a pretty penny for those patterned rugs. Make one yourself with the three+ hours that the Super Bowl affords. (via Brit + Co)
6. Plant Pot: Muah! We absolutely love this pot. It’s the perfect way to give your plants a bit of sparkle and shine. (via Hello Lidy)
7. Washi Tape Wall Art: Seriously, this DIY is so incredibly simple, you could create one for every room before the game wraps up. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Phone Case: Do you cringe at the price you pay for a pretty new iPhone case? Cringe no more with this super gorgeous DIY. (via Design*Sponge)
9. Nail Polish Marbling: It’s time to take your desk organizers from drab to fab. Come Monday morning — while everyone else is moping over the outcome of the game — you’ll be smiling at your desk all day long. (via Brit + Co)
10. Gilded Stationery Cards: Better start practicing your handwriting skills, because you’re going to want to send out these gilded cards year-round. (via For the Makers)
11. Moon Phase Wall Art: Tell your guests to leave the oven on when their BBQ chicken is done because you’ll need it to bake this beautiful set of clay moons into a lunar phase. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
12. Desk Organizing Containers: Whether you update your old ones or buy new organizers, you won’t mind looking at these pretty containers all week long. (via Lovely Indeed)
Will you DIY your way through the Super Bowl? Send us your projects below!