5 Outfits We Hope Katy Perry Wears at the Super Bowl
It should come as a shocker to no one that Katy Perry goes a little nuts when it comes to dressing up for performances. She has yet to rock a dress made of meat (though she has rocked a pizza-patterned onesie), but it’s safe to say that the pop star is giving Lady Gaga a run for her money in the costume department. As the featured performer for this year’s Super Bowl, we’re guessing it’s safe to say that Perry is going to make some jaws drop with her outfits. It’s pretty much impossible to predict what she’ll show up in — let’s just say a dress made entirely out of miniature footballs probably isn’t out of the question — but that doesn’t mean we won’t try. Here are five looks we’ve already seen from the pop star that we hope she *tops* in a big, BIG way come February 1st.
1. Can’t Ignore My Tech: We’ve seen Katy wear clothes glowing with LED lights and shimmering with hologram fabrics, but we want her to get really high-tech with her Super Bowl get up. We’re talking an animatronic, 3D-printed, noise-reacting dress (yes, things like this exist). Just imagine the collar of her top expanding as she hits all the highs of “Roar” and her dress changing hues when the crowd cheers. (Photo via Timur Emek/Getty)
2. Get Up in My Grill: Sure Katy’s got to engage an entire stadium, but she’s also got to pander to the crowd at home. We love the idea of a camera-catching grill that sends a secret message to couch surfers only. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
3. Team Perry: Katy’s dressed the part of player, so we’d like to see her switch roles as cheerleader for her halftime spectacular — after all, who better to amp up crowd? We’re imagining move-for-move “Mickey” choreography with hunky backup dancers sporting “Team Perry” jerseys. (Photo via Ethan Miller/Getty)
4. I Love the ’90s: We can’t lie, our favorite “Katy” had to be “throwback Katy” and while we’ve seen her make her mark on pinup styles and ’80s hair, we’ve yet to see ’90s teen Katy in her full, angsty glory on stage. What does that scene look like? We’d say Angela Chase-red hair for sure, inflatable furniture everywhere and legions of Delia’s-looking models in the mosh pit. (Photo via Timur Emek/Getty)
5. Icon Status: Katy floored us when she shows up to the VMAs paying homage to one of the most important red carpet moments in history: Britney and Justin in head-to-toe denim. We’re hoping she takes her cheeky tribute to the field by spoofing one of the Superbowls most notorious duos: Janet Jackson and her wardrobe malfunction. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
What are your style predictions for Katy Perry’s Super Bowl look? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)