28 Ideas for a Zesty Grapefruit-Inspired Brunch
We love a good brunch, especially one with a killer theme. And we can’t wait to gather our pals together for this citrusy spring party. That’s right. This party is all put together to celebrate the pretty-in-pink grapefruit while it’s still in-season. Highlight the refreshing fruit with your menu, then color block your space with DIYs and buys in grapefruit’s fab pink, orange and ruby red colors. All that’s left to do is pick a dress to match the fun!
1. Sparkling Grapefruit Sangria: Start the day off with a sweet cocktail. This champagne and Riesling punch gets a fruity twist with grapefruit juice and slices of strawberries and grapefruit. (via How Sweet Eats)
3. Fresh Centerpiece: You don’t have to squeeze in any extra time for this centerpiece: Put a vase of flowers on a cake stand, then surround the vase with whole and halved grapefruit and lemons. (via Daily Squeeze)
4. Chain Gang: Decorate with a tip from elementary school! Make paper chains from construction paper in grapefruit colors, then hang them behind your buffet or as a photo booth backdrop. (via Porter House Designs)
5. Goat Cheese Toast: This sweet and savory appetizer only takes 15 minutes to put together, so you can make it fresh before your friends arrive. Just top toasted baguette slices with goat cheese, salami, grapefruit and honey. (via BHG)
7. Oh Joy! Rectangular Plate Coral ($3): Make clean up easy with paper party plates… but make sure they match the theme using this pink, yellow and orange versions.
11. Ombre Stack: Once you’ve made your grapefruit pancake batter, make your stack match the theme! Separate some of the batter and use food coloring to dye the batter in an ombre pattern for a pink-to-tan stack. (via I Am Baker)
13. Pretty in Pink Paper Straws ($6): Your grapefruit cocktails deserve something just as pretty to sip from, like these pink striped and polka dotted paper straws.
14. Slice of Life: Make grapefruit the real star of the table: Cut the fruit into thin slices to fill up a vase. Add water and flowers, and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous display. (via Catch My Party)
15. DIY Citrus Coasters: Your gals will love these felt coasters. To match the party, make yours in pink and yellow. They’re so cute your guests will want to take them home, and you should let them. (via The Purl Bee)
19. Painted Mason Jars ($32): A set of these pink-painted mason jars is great for holding a pretty display of flowers or cutlery and straws.
27. Party Favors: Instead of sweets, send your friends home with a jar of homemade bath salts. Made from sea salt, grapefruit and orange, this scrub smells so good you’ll have to remind them not to eat it! (via Celebrations at Home)
Spring is here! What other fresh ideas do you have for an awesome brunch with your friends?