Ear Art Makeup: The Trend You Need to Know RN
Summer 2016 has already seen its fair share of novel beauty trends, so we never expected yet another curveball to be thrown our way. From holographic makeup to velvety matte lipstick and even colored bangs, we love to keep up with every twist and turn in the beauty game. We’re here to tell you there’s a part of your body calling for some much-needed TLC in the beauty department.
That’s right; we’re talking about your ears! Ear art makeup, which first appeared in Cedric Charlier’s show during Paris Fashion Week, is the latest trend to sweep Instagram, and we think we’re in love. From now on, expect to see a lot more attention being paid to your once-neglected lobes. Whether you opt for a fully painted ear, just the edges or perhaps a simple outline, this new embellishment is just subtle enough to be worn on the daily.
1. Silver Ear: To copy this runway look, opt for a sparkling metallic silver and paint the entire outer surface of your ear. It’ll stand out from your outfit, and the pop of bling serves as an unexpected accessory. Sport this style with a classic denim bomber or use it to punch up your weekend athleisure attire.
2. Gold Lobes: Here’s a style that will have you feeling like a living masterpiece. Choose from an array of colors (think bright, trendy blue or a fiery metallic bronze) to get this dip-dyed look, or coordinate your paint with your jewelry for a seamless look that has the Midas touch.
3. Basic Black: Calling all minimalists! This simple makeup application is a great alternative to over-the-top jewelry for a night on the town. Get this model’s oh-so-cool vibe with a black-tipped ear to match a monochromatic look.
4. Bronze Edges: This bronze beauty is the perfect mix of out-of-the-box glamour and casual ease. Pair a simple silhouette and barely-there makeup with this Insta-worthy metallic accent to create a head-turning look for special occasions.
5. Silver Outline: Here, makeup is applied along the contours of the ear. The look is so understated, admirers might not catch the detail at first glance. So if you notice you’re getting a few double takes, you’ll know why ;)
Ready to try out this brand new trend? Let your creativity run wild and show us on Pinterest!