54 Incredible Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
When you factor in all of the egg hunting, Easter brunching and a few photo ops with the Easter bunny, the time allotted for brainstorming egg decorating ideas slips away FAST. Easter is right around the corner, and the pressure is on. No worries though — we’ve got you covered! Whether you’re going all-out with an intricate design or just need something to quickly DIY day-of, this eggy inspo has a little something for everyone. Before you start stocking those Easter baskets, grab a few Peeps and check out this list for the most egg-celent ideas to DIY this year.
1. Shaving Cream Egg DIY: Who knew that something in your shower could create some seriously gorgeous eggs? If you’re doing this DIY with little kids, swap the shaving cream out with whipped cream in case they lick their fingers. (via Practically Functional)
2. Full House Easter Egg DIY: Proudly display your love for this ’90s favorite with these nostalgia-packed wonders. Grab a waterproof pen and some painter’s tape to help you color inside the lines. (via Brit + Co)
3. Golden Seismograph Easter Egg DIY: These amazing eggs have a little bit of everything going on. Those golden accents will really dress up your table for an Easter brunch centerpiece. (via Aunt Peaches)
4. Pointillism Easter Egg DIY: Turn those blank Easter canvases into mini masterpieces with this easy DIY that requires stickers and markers to add dots to your masterpiece. It’ll look super skilled, but there’s almost no muss and very little fuss — no serious artist skills required. (via Brit + Co)
6. Paper Dot Garland DIY: If you’re really short on time after the Easter brunch is prepped, grab some pre-made garland or embroidery floss and wrap up your eggs for the big finish. This DIY takes seconds to throw together, so you can get back to planning that Easter brunch. (via Brit + Co)
8. Floral Easter Egg DIY: There’s no better nod to those spring blooms than showing your eggs a little botanical love. Decorate them with your #squad’s favorite flowers for a customized Easter basket. (via Brit + Co)
13. Marbled Egg DIY: If you’re into the concrete egg look but still want to use real eggs, try this luxe marbled design dipped in gold. These would look gorgeous in a glass bowl or a tall vase on the table. (via Lonny)
18. Egg Centerpiece DIY: Save those eggshells from your brunch recipes and put them to good use for your centerpiece. Throw in fresh spring florals and set them into a carton for an Easter garden your guests will love. (via Brit + Co)
19. Whipped Cream Egg DIY: Whipped cream is one of the best things ever (ahem, Leslie Knope!) so it’s really no surprise that it also can assist in making the most magical-looking eggs ever. (via Only Deco Love)
21. Colored Powder Easter Egg DIY: Make this holiday extra colorful with these technicolor beauties. You can use wooden eggs for some colorful beauties that can be reused next year! (via Sweet Paul Mag)
22. Modern Easter Egg DIY: Show those Easter eggs some pattern-mixing love this season. These little details are super simple to recreate and will make for some seriously cute IGs. (via Handmade Charlotte)
23. Fruit + Vegetable Egg DIY: Remind everyone that fruits and veggies are still part of a balanced diet, even with all of those Easter sweets around. The Easter bunny will definitely agree with that carrot up for grabs. (via Brit + Co)
24. Mr. + Mrs. Egg DIY: Whether they’re a Mr. + Mr., a Mrs. + Mrs. or a Mr. and Mrs., this cute little pair of eggs would make a great addition to a newlywed basket. Bonus points for customizing them to look like the happy couple! (via Say Yes)
27. Swan + Flamingo Easter Egg DIY: If your Easter grass is a traditional shade of green, you just can’t go wrong with flamingos and swans. These gorgeous birds will bring the Easter LOLs and make that egg hunt a lot more interesting. (via Studio DIY)
29. Metallic Pom Pom Nest DIY: The only thing cuter than pom poms are teensy pom poms. Pair them with a metallic texture, and you’ve got some A+ nesting action in the realm of Easter decor. (via Brit + Co)
30. Typography Egg DIY: Graphic designers and hardcore IGers will love this egg DIY. Have your hashtags at the ready to get those “likes” rolling in. And don’t worry — no obsessive kerning necessary. (via Lovely Indeed)
33. Puffy Paint Easter Egg DIY: That beloved puffy paint from your #TBT decorating days is back in a big way. Add a little texture and pattern to your eggs, then just wait for it to dry. (via Brit + Co)
34. Humpty Dumpty Egg DIY: The childhood tale may not have ended very well, but at least this DIY makes him look super cute. Just be sure to give these guys plenty of cushion so they feel nice and secure. (via Confetti Sunshine)
35. Pop Star Easter Egg DIY: Because there’s no better way to pay Easter tribute to your favorite celeb than with their own eggy likeness. Have an Easter get-together with your squad, and make it a contest for whose egg gets the most votes. Winner takes home a basket of Cadbury eggs and Peeps! (via Brit + Co)
36. Mix + Match Egg Sculpture DIY: These sculptures are sure to start a conversation as an arty centerpiece. Pick some patterns and colors that play well together, and get ready for your guests to start ‘Gramming. (via Mr. Printables)
37. Ombre Glitter Easter Egg DIY: The only thing better than glitter is ombre glitter — it’s just a given. Dip these bad boys in your favorite shade of sparkle, and get the party started. (via Brit + Co)
38. Easter Egg Piñata DIY: While piñatas don’t need a holiday, these Easter egg piñatas sure do pack a festive punch. Your guests will be tickled when the egg hatches Peeps instead of baby chicks. (via Corner Blog)
39. Modern Ukrainian Egg DIY: Traditional Ukrainian eggs take a LOT of time and dedication. Even if you don’t have the free time to put in that much detail, you can still get the look: This super colorful take on a Ukrainian favorite will take your Easter decor from pastel to punchy. (via Brit + Co)
40. Golden Marbled Easter Egg DIY: Pastel and metallic is a match made in heaven. Get your space in the festive spirit or just gift them to your gal pals — they’re too pretty to keep to yourself. (via Craftuts)
41. Hipster Easter Egg DIY: These ‘stached little dudes are guaranteed to crack a smile or two at the Easter bash. Study up on your knowledge of mustaches, label the bottoms of your eggs and turn it into a guessing game with your guests. (via Brit + Co)
42. Doughnut Egg DIY: Bring a few dozen of these guys to work, and they’re sure to be a hit. Or, recreate this design with wooden eggs for a sugary sweet design you can use year after year. Whatever you do, just don’t forget the extra sprinkles! (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
43. Naturally Dyed Egg DIY: Give your craft drawer a little time off for this holiday, and step outside to find inspo and materials that are au naturale. One of these at each place setting will offer a warm welcome to your guests. (via Brit + Co)
46. Gold Animal Egg DIY: Pick your favorite miniature animals from your local craft store, and get going on this adorable presentation. Spray paint the miniatures with gold paint, and skip the egg dye altogether. The gold against the white is totally enough for these minimalist beauts. (via Flax & Twine)
47. Mosaic Easter Egg DIY: Peeling off a cute design is like unwrapping an adorable holiday gift — it’s just so sad! Luckily, these non-toxic mosaic eggs look best right when you’re about to chow down. (via Brit + Co)
48. Egg Banana Split: Excuse us while we have a moment over this amazing eggy set up. This would be great for an Easter birthday or just a little ice cream social! Just make sure there’s real ice cream waiting in the freezer. (via The Glitter in My Tea)
49. Simple Abstract Egg DIY: No strong artist skills necessary for this one — just some colorful brush strokes and a bit of creativity! Pair them with baby’s breath to let your eggs speak on behalf of your colorful bouquet. (via Ink Struck)
51. Mr. Potato Head Egg: This #TBT nod to our favorite spudsy guy is the perfect trip down memory lane. Make all the pieces so your guests can create new faces, and IG it to “check in” to your brunch. (via The Glitter In My Tea)
52. Cactus Easter Egg DIY: No need to worry about cactus prickers with these adorable little dudes. Personalize each “plant” with a color-coordinating bloom for a desert-chic Easter presentation. (via Delia Creates)
54. Marbled Egg DIY: All you need is Google translator and some nail polish to make these marbled masterpieces. Blow out the insides before you decorate, or remember: No eating — just looking! (via Dekotopia)
Need some more eggy inspo? Follow us on Pinterest for more Easter DIY action!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)