You’ve planned the best lunch ever. There’s yummy food, delicious cocktails and a sweet pie… but you forgot to think about decor. Don’t panic — this colorful banner only take 10 minutes to make. Whether you’re celebrating an intimate birthday or toasting to summer break, this cutie will add the extra touch you are looking for.
– card stock
– nylon thread
– transparent tape
– gold spray paint
– circle paper punch
1. Decide what your banner is going to say, and draw the letters or print our printable.
2. Cut out the letters.
3. Spray paint the letters gold, and let them dry.
4. Take the nylon thread and tape the letters in place.
5. Now grab your first color of card stock and start punching.
6. Continue punching circles until you have a total of 14 yellow and 15 blue circles.
7. Decide how to display your yellow circles, and tape them to a piece of nylon thread.
8. Repeat step 7 with the blue circles.
9. Hang all three garlands and you’re done!
Once you’ve decided on the perfect phrase, draw it or print it on a sheet of paper. Then carefully cut out the letters and spray paint them with any color you like. Let everything dry for a while, then tape the transparent thread on the back of your letters.
Now it’s time to make lots of colorful confetti, so take a piece of card stock and start punching circles. We made 14 yellow cirlces and 15 blue ones. Finally, tape some thread to the back of the circles, and you’re ready to hang up your creation.
These handmade gold and pastel beauties are perfect for any kind of summer party.
What kinds of garlands have you made? Tell us about them in the comments below