Bowlfuls of healthy goodies are all the rage in 2016. We couldn’t scroll through Instagram without seeing a bajillion colorful acai bowls and, because simple wholesome dishes are bomb, Buddha bowls have been a smashing success. But lately, our poke (pronounced “POH-keh”) bowl fever is at an all-time high. This Hawaiian fave has been around for centuries, but it’s becoming all the rage in the mainlands, and for very good reason: It’s nourishing and downright delectable. It’s also a quick and easy meal to prep, so go ahead and add it to your list of make-ahead lunches, because these 11 poke bowls are going to take your lunch break to the next level.
1. Spicy Wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon Poke Bowls: Your colleagues will have wicked lunch envy when they see you sit down with an irresistible bowl of this good stuff. Sure, it looks gourmet, but it’s super easy to put together. This fresh seafood is tossed in a medley of spice, tang and sweetness that will have you forgetting about soup and sandwiches forever. (via Jessica Gavin)
2. Ahi Tuna Poke Rice Bowl: With little to no effort, this fancy bowl of gems will easily impress. It’s perfect for those hot days when you don’t feel like cooking and simple enough to pack as a nutritious lunch. Just beware — all eyes will be on you and your bowl while you’re trying to enjoy your lunch in peace. (via Bourbon and Honey)
3. Salmon Poke With Creamy Togarashi Sauce: Obsessing over the delicious wonder that is the poke bowl is easy, and ordering it for takeout every time you don’t feel like cooking is clutch. However, you can make this salmon poke bowl at home in a cinch. And that spicy togarashi drizzle? To die for! (via Cooking With Cocktail Rings)
4. Tofu Poke Bowl With Sesame Glazed Carrots: Where there’s a will, there’s a way — and vegetarians always find a way. Tofu replaces the raw fish in this delicious poke creation. If you’re into big-batch cooking on Sundays, this is ideal. With everything cooked and prepped beforehand, combining a scoop of grains with protein, veggies and sauce is all this easy meal entails. (via Hello Glow)
5. Tuna Poke: Sometimes a dish is so good, you can’t help but chew it with a huge grin on your face. This is one of those dishes. Velvety Yellowfin tuna is tossed with crisp onions in a fragrant, sweet and nutty mix, then topped with inamona. What a great way to switch things up! (via No Recipes)
6. Poke Bowl: This recipe proves that poke bowls are meant to be customized to your liking. Swap the fish, ingredients, veggies and finishing sauce with whatever floats your boat — the possibilities are endless and the result is always scrumptious. After all, it’s hard to go wrong with fresh fish, crisp ingredients and a sauce that boasts that umami we adore. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
7. Vegetarian Pineapple Poke Bowls: There is zero cooking involved in this veg-friendly poke bowl, and we are SO down with that. Whether it’s too hot to cook or you’re just too darn lazy, this recipe makes it all okay with its low-maintenance assembly and its high-quality flavor factor. Eat — then get out and enjoy some sun! (via Live Eat Learn)
8. Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl: Poke bowls can be delicious in the most simplest forms, but sometimes we just want to eat ALL THE THINGS. That’s when a snazzy dressed-up bowl of poke like this comes in handy. This creation is fresh, fast, healthy and really flippin’ good. You’ll probably be mad when it’s over. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Pernod Salmon Poke Bowls: They say not to mess with a good thing, but when creativity strikes, it can be hard to hold back. In this case, we’re stoked about the messing around. The sophisticated use of Pernod adds a unique mainland flair to this beautiful salmon poke bowl. (via Fix Feast Flair)
10. Shoyu Ahi Poke: Have a bite and take a trip to poke paradise with this simple yet super flavorful bowl of fresh ahi tuna tossed in shoyu. The fish is meant to marinate for at least an hour, so prepping it on a weeknight and taking it to work guarantees you a delicious and satisfying lunch. (via Just Putzing Around the Kitchen)
11. DIY Poke Bowls: Now that you’re craving ALL the poke bowls, you should totally throw a poke party luncheon — and invite all of us. Invite your besties over and, together, create a decked-out poke bar with all the dreamy fixins. (via What’s Gabby Cooking?)
For more quick + easy lunch ideas, follow us on Pinterest!