When guests walk into your home, what is the first thing they see? Let’s be real: Those of us with small spaces know that it’s a luxury to have a separate, stylish room just for coats, shoes, purses and all those things you drop when you walk in the door. But that doesn’t mean we can’t create a place to welcome us home. As our own Brit reveals in our very first, soon-to-be-released book Homemakers, entry ways are where you set the scene for your home decor. Check out these 11 creative entry ways for inspo that you can implement in your home.
1. Seating: We’ve all tried buckling our shoes while standing up, only only to fall over. Provide a bench or chair and cut the bruises out. (via Camille Styles)
2. Use Wallpaper: Wallpaper is a great way to make a small space stand up on its own two feet. While it might not be a separate room, the wallpaper creates the illusion of a separate space. (via Nalle’s House)
3. Storage: Every foyer, whether it’s wall space, a closet or a room, needs to have plenty of storage. These understated metallic hooks bring practicality, while the wood embellishments add some rustic charm. (via A Cup of Jo)
4. Creative Hooks: Sure, hooks can be boring… unless you DIY them to make them interesting. We’re totally in love with this painted antler. (via Camille Styles)
5. Mirror It: Every girl needs a last lipstick touch up before she walks out the door. Save yourself the run to the bathroom and add a mirror to your foyer. (via House and Home)
6. Table Space: Stop losing your keys by giving them a place to rest on an entry way desk or table. Now you finally have an excuse to buy all those pretty little trays. (via Apartment Therapy)
7. Art: Whether your style is an inspirational print or a painting of a flowery meadow, include some art in your entry space to give yourself a boost before you leave and a lift when you get home. (via Dream Green DIY)
8. Be Bold: If your gut says go with it, then take the leap and make that bold decorating decision that will set your entry space apart from the others. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Basket It: Don’t let the pile of shoes get you down. Find a nice big basket, dip it for extra color if you like and stash those soles out of sight. (via View Along The Way)
10. Matchy Matchy: If your entry space happens to be in your living room, make sure you have a piece or two that will tie it to the rest of your home decor. (via Kate Collins Interiors)
11. Love It or Lose It: However you decide to create an entry space, if you aren’t in love with it by the end, rework it until you are. (via The Glitter Guide)
Have you created an entry way in your foyer-less home? Share your tips with us below, and don’t forget to pre-order Homemakers!