10 Rock Climbing Essentials for Your Weekend Adventure
If you’re still working on those 2015 fitness resolutions, rock climbing is amazing exercise that works your entire body — arms, back, core and legs — while also torching an insane amount of calories. It’s also really fun and social since you’ll need partners to help out with the rope situation. Since rocking the right gear (pun fully intended) can up your confidence level, we’re sharing essentials for a babe who’s on her way up in the world.
1. Eldrid Jane Women’s Climbing Harness ($38): Brightly colored and adorable, this harness is top rated for value, quality and durability. Climbers also liked the quick adjust feature.
2. Black Diamond Vector Climbing Helmet ($70): This cute, bright helmet is also top ranked for safety, something that’s important when you’re doing a sport that has you floating a couple stories up in the air.
3. The North Face Chalk Bag ($13): Sweaty hands lose their grip, which makes chalk an essential tool for indoor and outdoor climbing. The convenient top grip bag and waist strap, combined with North Face’s long-lasting materials, make this one a winner.
4. White Gold Pure Chalk ($10): Speaking of chalk, you’ll be grateful to have this aptly titled “white gold” tucked away in that chalk bag.
5. Chalkbag Cotton Belt ($6): It’s no secret that we’re big fans of color. If you’ve got a chalk bag that doesn’t come with a belt, then secure it on this cute, patterned cotton one.
6. La Sportiva Tarantulace Rock Shoes ($80): These shoes are great for an all-day outdoor climb or a few hours at the gym. Climbers love the quick-pull lacing system that delivers a snug and precise fit while moisture-wicking materials on the interior keep feet dry and comfortable.
5. The Mammut Tusk SuperDRY Rope ($168): This provides everything you want in a rope: high strength, minimal weight, comfortable handling and durability. When you make the big investment in a rope, you’ll want something that will last through all your climbing adventures.
8. Botanic Sports Bra ($42): You’ll want a bra that gives you comfortable support, but it doesn’t need to be boring. Bright florals will look perfect whether you’re scaling walls inside or out!
9. Hardtail Keyhole Crossover Tank With Bra ($44): Crunchy and cute, this crossover tank will take you from yoga to the wall in style and comfort. You’ll get bonus points for matching your harness, helmet and chalk bag.
10. Maison Knicker ($36): Looking for new climbing bottoms? You can’t beat this fun pattern and technical fabric.
Got any more rock climbing essentials? Tell us about it in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)