10 Sweet + Savory Buttermilk Recipes to Embrace Autumn
With fall looming right around the corner, comfort food recipes will soon be filling your Pinterest feed to the brim. One ingredient that is sure to make a repeat appearance this year is creamy and delicious buttermilk.
1. Orange Cardamon Bundt Cake: The mix of cardamom and cinnamon here is the perfect companion to balance out the citrus flavor from the orange cream glaze. This one has fall written all over it. (via Mrs. B’s Kitchen)
2. Maple Glazed Buttermilk Donuts: For this easy morning breakfast, bake a batch of cakey buttermilk donuts and coat them not once, but twice, with a sweet maple glaze. Donut you just love it? ;) (via The Corner Kitchen)
3. Bacon + Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits: If there’s one thing buttermilk is notorious for, it’s making great biscuits, and this recipe is no exception. Besides being delicious, these ones are a cinch to make since there’s no rolling or biscuit-cutting involved. (via The Chunky Chef)
5. Roasted Chicken With Garlic Buttermilk Cream Sauce: When all you want is a warm, comforting meal, roasted chicken is a family favorite. The sauce in this dish pulls the whole thing together and is great for smearing on flaky biscuits too. (via Perpetually Hungry)
6. Cranberry Bliss Cake: Inspired by the Starbucks version of the same name, this dessert uses dried cranberries to add just the right amount of tart in a moist, fluffy buttermilk cake. (via Averie Cooks)
8. Double Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Muffins: These muffins pack just the right amount of chocolate flavor without leaving you feeling bloated and tired. If you have any leftover, cover each muffin with saran wrap, toss in a ziplock bag and put ’em in the freezer for a grab-and-go snack. (via The Partial Ingredients)
9. Fried Chicken and Biscuits With Sriracha Lime Mayo: The list of ingredients may seem intimidating, but the end result is the epitome of sweet and savory (with a hint of heat). This one is sure to silence all your cravings. (via Cravings in Amsterdam)
10. Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake: Here’s a truly versatile cake you can eat for breakfast, dessert or as an afternoon hooray-the-kids-are-napping treat. Be sure to dust with powdered sugar before serving. (via Alexandra’s Kitchen)
Which recipe are you going to try first? We’d love to hear about your experience!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)