14 Alternative Milk Recipes to Make at Home Today
There’s nothing quite like the combo of cookies and milk, but what if you’re avoiding dairy? Sure, there are plenty of tasty off-the-shelf varieties to choose from at the grocery store, but there are so many more options if you mix up your very own. These 14 awesome alternative milk recipes, featuring an assortment of nuts, seeds, sweeteners and flavors, will surely hit the spot, even if you’re cool with cow’s milk. Beyond cookies, try adding a splash of these tasty blends to your morning coffee or pouring them over a bowlful of cereal.
3. Nutella Milk: This may be on the pricier end of the homemade milk spectrum, but if you can make room in the budget we highly recommend it. Once you enjoy a glassful of this three-ingredient, Nutella-inspired sip, you’ll be glad you did. (via Imma Eat That)
4. Rich Cashew Milk With Coffee Ice Cubes: Whether you enjoy this vanilla-bean-infused cashew milk on its own or plunk in a few coffee ice cubes for a reverse iced coffee concoction, you can’t go wrong. (via Feedfeed)
7. Homemade Soy Milk: Simple to make and with a smoother flavor than the pre-packaged stuff, this homemade soy milk is a worthwhile venture. The only ingredients you need are soybeans and water. (via Savory Simple)
8. Homemade Almond Milk: This is a terrific basic recipe that you can tailor to your tastebuds by varying the sweetness levels and blend-ins. Use agave in place of honey to keep things totally vegan. (via Brit + Co)
9. Vanilla Coconut Oat Milk: Without harder nuts like cashews and almonds, this milk doesn’t even need a cheesecloth to yield a super smooth blend. Just pour it through a strainer and enjoy — all in less than 30 minutes. (via Running to the Kitchen)
10. Homemade Hazelnut Milk: A touch of vanilla adds a sweet flavor to this sugar-free milk. Prefer things chocolatey? Simply blend in a pitted date plus a spoonful of cocoa powder. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
Have you ever made your own alternative milk? What are your favorite flavor blends? Share your faves, tips and tricks with us below!
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.