With Labor Day behind us, we can now jump into all things fall. First up on the agenda? A party complete with decor DIYs, seasonal recipes, and a few new entertaining staples for your autumn tablescape. Planning the first event of the season always requires a bit of elbow grease, but our handy list below will ensure you wow this time, even if it’s just for brunch. Happy hosting!
1. Seasonal Flower Arrangements: Nothing says fall like the colors of the season. Gather shades and silhouettes from your garden (or the nearby florist) to create a showstopping arrangement for your table. (via Design Love Fest)
2. Fall Charcuterie Platter: Treat your guests to a charcuterie platter loaded with local meats, cheeses, and produce. You can make it the main course or one among many — that’s the beauty of the platter. (via Sugar and Charm)
3. Take-Away Pie Boxes: If you plan on eating a lot of pies this fall, you’ll need these DIY takeaway pie boxes. Now you can send those leftovers home with your guests, or sneak a slice in your purse on your way to work. (via Brit + Co)
4. Lulu & Georgie’a s Paloma Double Old Fashioned Glassware ($65): Updating to seasonal glassware allows you to mix and match with your existing table linens and decor. These gold old fashioned lowballs are ideal for fall cocktails or just as water glasses.
5. Apple Cider Bar: Create a stand-alone apple cider bar to entertain your guests while you put the finishing touches on the meal. It can also double as a dessert bar once the meal is over. (via Camille Styles)
6. Signature Fall Cocktail: Apple pie is synonymous with the season, so why not take it a step further and craft a cocktail inspired by the delish dessert. These Apple Pie Moscow Mules will wow for Thanksgiving and beyond. (via The Cookie Rookie)
8. Anthropologie Cirque Striped Tablecloth ($148): Set the tone and table for the season with this striped tablecloth. Pair with lots of gilded accessories and a hearty meal and call it a day.
10. Target’s Orange Solid Napkins ($10, set of four): When you update your tablecloth and glassware, it’s hard not to justify new napkins. These burnt orange ones can do double duty over the holidays and through the winter.
11. Kate Spade New York Diner Stripe Apron ($30): This Kate Spade apron is not only colorful, but it will keep you clean while you prep. There’s nothing worse than a big ol’ stain on your dress or blouse.
12. DIY Pie Slice Garland: Fall decor doesn’t have to be just leaves and pumpkins! For the dessert-minded folk, there are also pie slice garlands that you can whip up while your desserts are baking in the oven. (via Martha Stewart)
13. Moss And Twig Prints Fall Favourites ($5): Send your guests home with a copy of this fall essentials print. You buy the file as an instant download and can print them at home for your guests (or even just yourself).
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Share your fall entertaining essentials, tablescapes and recipes with us Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!