11 Apps That Bring Fitness Classes to You
What’s not to love about a sweaty spin sesh, getting low in Zumba or powering through Pilates? We’ll tell you one reason — gym memberships. They can make a big dent in your wallet. On the other hand, exercising at home won’t cost you a dime. But, if you still want that fitness class workout, download these 11 apps that bring the gym to you.
1. Zumba Dance: Zumba makes you look great by hitting tons of muscle groups. Sort through music from top artists, like Tiesto and Pitbull, and select a dance style, such as salsa or reggaton, to customize your class. ($5 for iOS and Android)
2. Perfect Pilates Body: Targeting your total body, this app will strengthen those muscles and leave you sweating. Fun videos, like the Skinny Jeans Workout and Tight Tush Workout, will get you that perfect Pilates body. (Free for iOS and Android)
3. Hip Hop Dance: Get ready to bust a move and burn calories. Brice “Professor Lock” Johnson (he appeared on So You Think You Can Dance) covers over 50 dance moves to help you look fierce and on fire. (Free for iOS and Android)
5. Boot Camp Challenge: If you can’t make it to Barry’s Bootcamp, this will do the job. Created by a Veteran U.S. Army Trainer and certified personal trainer, this app combines cardio, stretching and muscle training for a killer workout. ($4 for iOS)
7. WODBook: If you’re a workoutholic and love to keep track of your progress, check out WODBook. From a whiteboard that follows friends, a training timer that records your sessions and a completed list of WODs (workout of the day), you’ll be a lean, mean machine. (Free for Android)
8. Billy Banks Tae Bo Fitness: Kickbox that exercise into high gear with fitness guru Billy Banks! Sweat through kicks, punches and defense techniques to build a banging body. (Free for iOS and Android)
9. Barre3: With a fusion of ballet, yoga and Pilates, you know you’re in for a good sculpting sesh. Exercises like the Park Bench Yoga Sculpt or Dr. Oz 5-Minute Chair Workout allow you to practice barre on the go. ($5 for iOS)
10. Yoga Studio: Get your downward dog on with this stretching and flexibility app. Create your own course of over 300 poses or choose from 45 pre-installed programs that fit your style. (Free for iOS and Android)
11. FitnessClass: If you love switching up your routine, FitnessClass offers over 450 courses, from circuit training to bootcamp to abs. Each class is led by well-known fitness instructors and can be modified to your level of fitness. (Free for iOS and Android)
What are your favorite fitness classes? Let us know in the comments below!