Just when you think your love for pie couldn’t get any more real, you discover slab pies. They’re just what they sound like: big slabs of fruity and crusty goodness perfect for feeding a crowd and take all the fuss out of baking a pie. Throw out that pie dish and dust off your biggest baking sheet, because these 14 recipes are going to be the center of attention at your next cookout.
1. Blackberry Slab Pie: There’s something about blackberry pie that screams summer. Just be sure you let it rest before you slice it or it will look like a blackberry massacre took place. (via From Calculus to Cupcakes)
7. Nectarine and Honey Slab Pie: The delicate flavors of honey and nectarine shine in this warm slab pie. If comfort is what you’re after, you’ll get all that and more with one bite. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
8. Peach Slab Pie Recipe: That basket of fresh ripe peaches finally found a worthy home inside this slab pie. Break this out with a tub of ice cream at your next BBQ and your guests will go wild. (via She Wears Many Hats)
9. Pear, Brandy, and Vanilla Bean Brown Butter Slab Pie: When the weather starts to cool, you’ll appreciate the warmth from the brandy, vanilla, and brown butter. (via Ambrosia Baking)
10. Chocolate Strawberry Slab Pie: What better way to show your love than with a chocolate strawberry pie? Use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out shapes in the top crust for a sweet touch. (via Food)
12. Mixed Berry Slab Pie: No patriotic holiday is complete without a mixed berry slab pie on the table. Don’t forget to decorate the top with dough stars to commemorate the occasion. (via Wife Mama Foodie)
13. Strawberry-Rhubarb Slab Pie: What you would have given for a giant Pop Tart when you were a kid. Now that you’re all grown up, you can do whatever you want, including making this strawberry rhubarb slab pie. (via Tastes of Lizzy T)
Follow us on Pinterest for more dessert recipes!