Travel the World With 15 International Gelato Recipes
Floating in the clouds, inhaling the Mediterranean Sea, walking the bustling streets of Paris — that all sounds good to us! We are used to getting sucked into a wave of wanderlust from time to time (it’s all your fault, Instagram!), and sometimes the only thing that can feed our hunger for travel is a delicious international dish. Sure, we wish we could jet set to Italy and back during lunch for a bowl of creamy gelato on the reg, but since we are kiiinda busy, these 15 yummy bowls of the sweet stuff from around the world will have to do for now.
1. Olive Oil Gelato: What says Italia more than a wave of silky olive oil drizzled on just about everything? Yes, everything. One taste of this delicious dolce, and it will be “amore” at first bite. (via Williams-Sonoma)
2. Lavender Honey Gelato: France has given us many a treat to daydream about. What next?!? Lavender. Honey. Gelato. We aren’t mathematicians, but this equation can only equal amazing. (via Sweet Tarte)
3. Chocolate Stout Gelato: Mmmmm… Guiness. A dessert all in itself, isn’t it? Let’s multitask and enjoy two of our favorite treats in one! It’s 5pm somewhere, right? (via Peace, Love and French Fries)
4. Honey Sesame Seed Gelato: Nothing says Greece more than dessert drenched in honey. Baklava. Finikia. Pasteli (aka sesame seed candies). Insert gelato. Prepare for a happy tummy. (via DC Culinarian)
6. Kulfi: Pistachios and rosewater. Yep. You heard us correctly. An infusion of flowers and nuts, that’s just how these little treats roll. One spoon and you will feel instantly transported to the middle of New Delhi. (via Indiaphile)
9. Kaffir Lime Gelato: It’s no coincidence that Indonesia uses Kaffir (also known as makrut lime) as a medicinal plant. Refreshing, fragrant and good for you… what more can we ask for at indulge o’clock? (via Saveur)
10. Kabocha Squash Ice Cream: Squash to some, pumpkin to others, kabocha is most commonly found in tempura. This Japanese master of disguise moonlights as an aphrodisiac making it the perfect treat for those of us who are up for a true adventure. (via Fragrant Vanilla Cake)
11. Kiwi Gelato: What better way to mind travel to New Zealand than with our favorite furry fruit, eh? We wouldn’t be surprised if this inspires you to take a tiki tour to just about anywhere with your mates (and by mates, we mean besties). (via Bell’alimento, image via Lemons + Anchovies)
12. Avocado Gelato: No one can claim the almighty avocado, but with that said, Brazil is known for deliciously rich avocado shakes first thing in the morning. Embrace your inner Carioca with this creamy treat. (via Food 52)
13. Dulce de Leche Gelato: How is leche THAT deliciously dulce? A staple in many a country, prepare yourself for a whirlwind trip. Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Columbia and Mexico, for starters. (via Cake Spy)
15. Coffee and Donuts Ice Cream: If staycations are more your thing, this frozen treat screams New York. I mean seriously, can coffee and donuts even survive without each other? We think not. (via A Family Feast)
What’s your favorite way to travel the world with your tummy? Share your comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)