Transgender YouTuber Gigi Gorgeous Gets Her Own Historic Docuseries
If you’re a YouTube make-up tutorial addict (how is that winged-liner, luv?), then you’ll definitely recognize the stunning Gigi Gorgeous. The 23-year-old digital star has amassed a loyal beauty-lovin’ fan base of over 2.1 million subscribers and regularly shows her devoted audience tips and tricks for beauty mastery.
In December 2013, Gigi announced that she was in fact transgender (yay, girl!) and now will take her fame to the next level with a new YouTube Red docuseries.
Let’s breakdown the excitement here:
1. YouTube is trying out original programming. Woo!
2. This will be a YouTube docuseries about a famous YouTuber. So cool!
3. This is another kick-ass step towards trans-positivity. Yes! Yes! Yes!
The “Untitled Gigi Gorgeous Project” (yes, that’s its name!) will be partially produced by Gorgeous herself, but it will be Oscar-winning filmmaker Barbara Kopple at the reins. Focusing entirely on Miss Gigi and her journey from childhood to transition, and including footage of her gender confirmation surgery and private family moments, the docuseries will spend time with the star during New York Fashion Week as well as in LA and in Toronto where Gigi introduces the audience to the spaces and places that helped make her such an intriguing woman.
“I’ve spent the last five years going through a very personal journey,” Gigi Gorgeous said in a statement from her reps. “I’m nervous but thrilled to lift the curtain and share my intimate details and experiences through this film on YouTube Red.”
Have you tried any of Gigi Gorgeous’ make-up tips and tricks? Tweet us @britandco!
(h/t Variety; photo via Select Management Group)
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.