11 Satay Skewers to Prep Before Work and Grill When You Get Home
When the weather is beautiful, and you have a perfectly good grill at your disposal, well, it would just be plain wrong not to take advantage of it. For a wow-worthy meal, take a few minutes in the morning to prep satay skewers to grill when you get home. No matter if you prefer chicken, pork, tofu, or veggies, one of these 11 satay skewers are sure to tickle your fancy.
3. Malaysian Chicken Satay: With one bite of this chicken satay, you’ll be transported to the street-food-lined roads of Malaysia. To achieve that authentic flavor, marinate the chicken thighs overnight in a mixture of coconut milk, fish sauce, curry powder, and palm sugar. (via Many Kitchens)
4. Grilled Eggplant Tahini Satay Kebabs: You’ll most often find satay accompanied by a spicy peanut sauce. This vegan twist on the dish uses cubed eggplant as the main ingredient, and instead of PB, you’ll find creamy tahini. (via Delicious Everyday)
5. Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay: You might want to stock up on pineapple juice, because you’re going to be making these Thai skewers all season long. Thanks to the nutty marinade and chunks of pineapple, they’ll be requested on repeat. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
6. Pork Satay With Soy Sauce Marinade and Ginger Dipping Sauce: Skip chicken tonight, and switch it up with the other white meat. Plus, you probably have everything you need to make this pork satay in your fridge. (via Nibbles and Feasts)
7. Grilled Satay Shrimp Skewers: In the event you forget to start marinating your protein before work, these shrimp can be taken straight from the fridge to the grill. Boil some soba noodles to have on the side and your whole meal can be ready in under 30 minutes. (via Cafe Delites)
9. Beef Satay Skewers With Peanut Dipping Sauce: Since you’re always looking for new ways to grill your steak, you’ll love this drool-worthy recipe. The best part is the spicy peanut butter dipping sauce that you’ll *basically* want to drink. (via The Lemon Bowl)
10. Savory Tofu Satay With Peanut Sauce: You’ve never had tofu as flavorful as this — guaranteed. Double the chunky peanut butter marinade, and you’ll have a legendary sauce to go alongside it. (via Epicurean Eva)
11. Skinny Satay Turkey Skewers: Aside from Thanksgiving, turkey breast doesn’t get enough love. To make a lean satay that doesn’t leave you too full, top these skewers with a protein-filled drizzle of the powdered peanut butter sauce. (via Cafe Delites)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious grilling ideas.