16 Fun and Adorable Halloween DIY Crafts for Kids
There’s nothing like Halloween to bring out the kid in everyone. Who doesn’t *HEART* a holiday that’s all about sweet treats, funny Halloween costumes, and Pin-worthy scary makeup inspo? If you’re looking to inject some spooky spirit into the house, forget the mass-produced ceramic cats, foam skulls, and plastic pumpkins. Making and doing is so much more fun, and kids love it! Here are 16 DIY Halloween crafts even the littlest makers can help create.
1. Emoji Pumpkins: Kids these days are too busy communicating with these to use actual words. It’s only natural that they would enjoy decorating with them. (via Brit + Co)
2. Day of the Dead Pillows: These colorful pillows are inspired by Mexican sugar skulls — a traditional sweet treat for Dia de Los Muertos. Kids can get creative by putting together the designs (which can be finished with a little help). (via Club Crafted)
3. Witch Fingers Balloons: There’s nothing more fun than a paper craft that sparks imaginative play. This one gets them in the spooky spirit, without being overboard scary. (via Aww Sam)
4. Toilet-Paper Roll Bat: They’ll go batty for this Halloween art project that’s both inexpensive and easy to pull off. Bonus: Upcycling TP rolls into googly-eyed bats shows kids that it’s cool to recycle. (via Hello, Wonderful)
5. Pool Float Pumpkins: Who doesn’t want the perfect pumpkin for her Instagram account? (via A Joyful Riot)
6. Eyeball Balloons: Can they hold a marker and use it without drawing on the walls? Then they can totally make these. (via Studio DIY)
7. Felt Masks: Kids will love crafting (and wearing) these fun felt masks inspired by woodland creatures. Colorful and quirky characters can be made even better with a little help from you. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
8. Skull Balloons: Prepping for a party? Get your littles involved with bowties and markers. (via Hey Let’s Make Stuff)
9. Printable Cards: Grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, neighbors and friends will be thrilled to receive these one-of-a-kind Halloween cards. (via Hello, Wonderful)
10. DIY Halloween Luminaries: Turn dollar-store votive globes into cute Halloween luminaries with just a few stickers. Flameless battery-powered luminary lights make them totally safe for kids. (via Gathering Beauty)
11. Halloween Jack-o’-Lantern Balloon Garland: Upside-down orange balloons make a festive (and affordable!) pumpkin garland. (via Design Improvised)
12. Silly Monster Treat Bags: Put their origami skills to the test and get them in on the fun of trick or treating. (via Handmade Charlotte)
13. Googly Eye Treat Cups: Who needs elaborate candy displays at a costume party for grade schoolers? Literally, no one. Especially if they have to clean it up after. (via Enthralling Gumption)
14. Meringue Monsters: These look like creatures from a science experiment gone wrong, which is exactly why they’re the perfect treat. (via Club Crafted)
15. Monster Buttons: Now your mini-me can rock some ghoulish vibes without having to wear a costume. (via Persia Lou)
16. Googly Eye Pie: Does the prospect of dozens of eyes staring back at you while you eat a dessert turn you off? Too bad! This s’mores pie is as delicious as it is unnerving. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
Do you and your kids enjoy making DIY holiday crafts? Follow us on Pinterest for more fun project ideas.
Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.