10 Healthy Snacks for Your Super Bowl Party
As a group of people prone to serial snacking at parties, we’re always doing our best to find the healthiest crumb in the room… which isn’t easy to do when faced with a table full of fried chicken wings and mini wieners wrapped in buttery croissants. But with the guidance of this list, you’ll be set for the big game day. Every recipe is healthy (or at least a health-ier alternative) so you can worry about the game and not your calorie count.
2. Football Rice Crispy Treats: If there were a prize for the best football-themed snack, these would be #1. Rice Crispy treats are a lowish-cal snack and simply adding a line or two of frosting and shaping them like a football makes them pigskin perfect for any Super Bowl party. (via That’s What Che Said)
3. Turkey Chili: Turkey chili is a favorite, because it’s so freaking versatile. Serve it in small bowls as a snack… or as lunch or dinner for guests that arrive early or stay (way too) late. (via Eat Yourself Skinny)
5. Cheesy Kale Chips: To kale newbies, kale chips probably sound like the worst snack ever. How can you possibly replace potato with kale? Well, we’re here to tell you… this stuff is GOOD. And when you add cheese, you basically have a healthy version of cheese nachos… or something like that. (via Our Little Green Dot)
7. Spicy Spiralized Shoe String Jicama Fries: Oh, French fries. You pack on the pounds, but you’re impossible to resist. This jicama version, shoestring style, doesn’t spare any of the flavor. (via Inspiralized)
8. Baked Avocado Fries: Fries. Again. Because. If you’ve never thought to bake avocado, try this recipe and you’ll be S-O-L-D. The bread crumbs give a good little crunch, and we promise you’ll be hooked on the taste. (via Treehugger)
What are your favorite healthy Super Bowl snacks? Tell us in the comments below!