Why Knot: 19 High Fashion Braids
In case John Barrett’s Braid Bar at Bergdorf Goodman and the scads of tutorials we’ve whipped up weren’t strong enough indicators, we’re here to set the record straight: Braids are here to stay. If you’ve already mastered the advanced techniques, it’s time to look to the runway for inspiration. From Bangkok to Manhattan, we’ve snooped the catwalk to bring you the most intertwined mane events.
1. Messy Double Dutch: We have no doubt the right lady could rock this duet, Ronald McDonald colors and all. Not up for a color change? Maybe add a little fabric by way of a Brit tutorial. (via La Femmelle)
6. Reverse Braid: Go grab some extensions, learn how to do an inside out fishtail, and figure out how to finish it off without a hair tie. This is one big braid that you can definitely take to the streets. (via Misses Dressy)
7. Christian Dior Fishtail & Curls: We wish we could find a bigger image of this Dior single side fishtail surround by a cloud of teased curls. It is wonderful. (via M Salon)
12. Left Eye Braid: There’s just a sense of mysterious allure about this braid that has nothing to the not-so-great image quality. (via Hair Braids Style)
15. Messiness: Okay, we can’t lie. Part of what caught our attention is the blazing eye treatment. But that rat’s nest crown is hard to ignore as well… and we do mean that in the best way possible. (via Michael Jennings Photography)
19. Rapunzel: Rapunzel, please never let down your hair. That braid undoubtedly took a century to complete. Well worth it. (via Girls Gone Hair)
Which high-art look has you whipping your hair back and forth? Strand your thoughts in the comments below!