11 Festive Tablescapes Inspired by Nature
The holidays are SO close you can almost taste it, especially now that your menu is planned out and you know you’ll be serving hot mulled apple cider + delicious skillet dip at your holiday party. Yum! The next task on your list is figuring out how to set the tone for the season before anyone even sits down to dinner. If you’re drawing a blank, don’t worry! It’s all about your tablescape. Check out these 11 stunning holiday centerpieces that use fresh fruit and birch branches to give you serious styling inspo, au naturale.
1. Winterberries: Go traditional with red + green evergreen boughs and winterberries. To take it to the next level, throw in a few pinecones and lots of snowy white textures to tie the whole look together. (via Poppytalk)
2. Nature’s Bouquet: If you’re all about the go-big-or-go-home lifestyle, replicate this bountiful runner that’s chock-full of nature’s favorites. Mix greenery, flowers and feathers to create this unique bouquet runner. (via Waiting on Martha)
3. Birch Tree Branches: Find fallen birch branches and use a saw to cut them into various sizes. Place the pieces on a metallic gold runner and top them with tea lights and other complementary metallic trinkets. The result is magical. (via The Sweet Escape)
4. Floral Christmas Table Runner: If it’s too snowy outside to gather up pretty shrubbery, but you still want to go for a natural centerpiece, try this easy look. The two-item centerpiece comes together in five minutes or less with seeded eucalyptus and pomegranates. (via Julie Blanner)
5. Rectangular Planter: Opt for structured greenery by placing your shrubs into a rectangular planter, and voila!Nature, only with a clean aesthetic that’s refined, but still modern. (via ColinCowie Weddings)
7. Squash + Gourds: For this minimalistic look, stick to white tableware. Leave color up to the natural elements, like these gray squash and maroon pears. Metallic accents like copper mules add extra dimension to the look. (via Craftberry Bush)
8. Faux Fur: Play with texture by incorporating feathers and fur into your green tablescape. Whether it’s faux fur bottle bags or feather place cards, the different play on textures will up your table’s natural diversity. (via Griffanie)
11. Bowl of Fruit: Decorating with food is a natural way to add color to any tablescape. Pro tip: When placing fruit in a bowl, first place a smaller bowl upside-down inside the larger bowl to raise the fruit higher — this way, you won’t need to buy as much filler for your centerpiece. (via Craftberry Bush)
How gorgeous are these tablescapes? Share your nature-inspired holiday centerpiece by tagging us on Instagram and using the hashtag #iamcreative!