15 Homemade Marshmallow Recipes That’ll Take Your S’mores to the Next Level
With your annual glamping trip coming up soon, you have a running list of essentials to pick up, including everything you need for s’mores. Instead of buying the same pre-packaged marshmallows to go with your dark chocolate and graham crackers, it’s time to step your game up. This year, surprise your girlfriends with the most insanely delicious (and easy) homemade marshmallows. You can make them raspberry swirled, dusted with coconut, or scented with lemon, and each of them will roast to perfection. Check out the 15 recipes below that’ll take your s’mores to the next level.
2. Birthday Cake Marshmallows With Sprinkles: If you know someone who is celebrating their birthday with a camping trip, they need a special fireside treat. Although, it definitely doesn’t have to be a special occasion for you to treat yourself to these funfetti-style marshmallows. (via The Kitchn)
4. Toasted Coconut Marshmallows: When you want your s’mores to taste like a Mounds bar, homemade marshmallows tossed in toasted coconut are where it’s at. Honestly, these may ruin plain marshmallows for you forever. (via Seasons and Suppers)
5. Chocolate Irish Cream Marshmallows: There’s really nothing that a little Baileys can’t spruce up. Pack these boozy marshmallows for the lake and those ghost stories may get a little crazy. (via My Sequined Life)
6. Raspberry Ripple Marshmallows Recipe: If the bright pink hue of these mallows isn’t enough to entice you, the tart raspberry flavor should be. Be sure to thoroughly drain the raspberries before adding them to the mix so that it’s not too wet. (via Olive Magazine)
7. Caramel Latte Marshmallows: Who knew you could turn your daily Starbucks order into a marshmallow? These coffee marshmallows swirled with caramel would be great as a gift to your favorite java-addict. (via Goodie Godmother)
11. Mint Chocolate Chip Oreos: If you’ve ever wondered if mint chip marshmallows would be as good as the ice cream, your answer awaits. Make sure to use mini chocolate chips so that they spread evenly throughout. (via Making Nice in the Midwest)
12. Paleo Apple Spice Marshmallows: When the weather starts to get crisper and bonfires become a weekend habit, it’s time to whip up these marshmallows. They’re sweetened with maple syrup to keep them Paleo, and flavored with apple juice and every warm spice you can think of. (via Bakerita)
14. Fireball Whisky Marshmallows: No one will want the Jell-O shots while there are Fireball-spiked marshmallows around. These have the perfect amount of burn that’ll only put the slightest bit of hair on your chest. (via Homemade Hooplah)
15. Chocolate Covered Caramel Marshmallow: If you have these chocolate-covered marshmallows ready to go, all you’ll need to complete your s’mores are the graham crackers. Beware, these are *majorly* addicting. (via Ashlee Marie)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun recipes!