What to Make This Weekend: Marquee Wall Art, Instagram Coloring Pages + More
What a week it’s been: The Golden Globes gave us serious squad goals, we tried to recover from the latest Netflix binge #makingamurderer and we went on a taco cleanse. But it’s finally the weekend and you have a few days to work on a creative project that checks all the boxes on your resolution list. Healthy snacks, organization hacks, decor goals — we’ve got you covered with these 13 DIY projects.
1. DIY Instagram Coloring Pages: Once you’ve meditated through all those coloring books you got for the holidays, it’s time to make some more pages. If you know how to trace a line, you can make your very own coloring pages using photos you’ve taken on Instagram. Your cat? Yep, color her. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Glitter Tumbler: If “drink more water” was one of your goals this month, you definitely need a confetti cup on hand. You’ll stay hydrated and channel your inner unicorn with all that floating glitter. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Resolution Socks: Socks are the new sticky notes. Instead of putting resolutions in a notebook or on your phone, get them out in the open where you’ll see them multiple times a day: on your socks! (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Patterned Candle Holder: Add some playful touches to your table centerpiece with this patterned candle holder. Whether it’s a romantic dinner with your bae or a snazzy party with friends, this is the candle holder you’ll be reaching for. (via Sugar and Cloth)
5. Five-Ingredient Workout Snack: There are some very specific ideas about what you should eat before and after a workout, but you can’t go wrong with these easy apricot bites. Make enough for the week and crush that sweet tooth whenever it strikes. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Big Pegboard: A giant pegboard is way easier (and faster) to make than a regular pegboard, so you can get to organizing your workspace in no time. Plus the oversized holes give a contemporary look, and you have the option to add a shelf or hang a potted plant. (via Fall for DIY)
7. DIY Agate Slice Coasters: Nothing says adulting like a set of coasters. No more water stains for your perfectly styled coffee table with these ridiculously easy agate slice coasters. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Embroidered Notebooks: Some very wise person said that you can never have enough notebooks. And if they didn’t say it, they definitely were thinking it. You don’t have to be a sewing superstar to whip these embroidered covers together, and the end result is awesome. (via Knits and Brew)
9. DIY Winter First Aid Kit: Pull a grizzly bear move and prepare for the final months of winter with some emergency supplies. Chocolate is an obvious call, but you should also fill your first aid boxes with batteries, bandaids and anything else you think you might need in case of a power outage. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Card Box: If you want to try writing more letters and remembering more birthdays this year, it helps to have one spot where you have everything you need. Put together a little stationery box with stamps, cards, pretty pens and envelopes, and it’ll be easier to sit down and write a note when the time comes. (via Sugar and Charm)
11. DIY Bendable Balloon Tails: There are a few ways to personalize balloons, but who takes the time to personalize the balloon string? You do, you party animal. Take that baby shower or birthday party to the next level and spell out your excitement loud in clear with bendy balloon typography. (via Studio DIY)
12. DIY Metal Edge Marquee Light: Marquees are probably the coolest way to add a statement light in your house without going full-on chandelier. If you’ve moved past the mini version, take the weekend to put together this metal and wood version with a trendy italicized motto. (via A Beautiful Mess)
13. DIY Motivational Sports Bra: Sometimes the only thing that can motivate a trip to the gym is the excitement of a new outfit. Revamp last year’s sports bras with a peppy motivational motto that will have you trying out all the new fitness trends. (via Brit + Co)
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram! Use the hashtag #iamcreative so we can see all the making you’ve been up to!